Moonie's live from the invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And Monkey says Meeoow!

In my defense, that cat had the longest legs and tail I have ever seen. :D Leave it to Pete to spread the word. All week he had people coming up to me saying, "I was told to ask you about the monkey" :D
At dinner later in the week, I was presented with my very own coconut monkey. (I didn't declare her at customs). :wink:
I need to come up with a good name for her and I'm thinking of making her an appropriate outfit.

I had an awesome time as usual. You guys are all really a great bunch of folks. Thanks everyone for the concern over my ears. Even though I still had some effects from the inner ear infection I had had for 4 weeks, I was able to do 11 dives in all and kept pushing the pills the doc gave me.

I had a good time, and really want to thank Dennis and Roxanne for all their hard work. The trip to Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise is always good and a real bargain, but the Invasion trip is much more enjoyable with Scubaboard!

Also a big thanks to the sponsors who provided great prizes.

P7040071.JPG

---------- Post Merged at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Blowing bubble rings at safety stop
P7040072.JPG

James and Janet
P7030047.JPG

Somebody has been in the refried beans!
P7040029.JPG

Alex and Moonie
P7040034.JPG

Had a Great Time on The Invasion. Very well put together Many Many Thanks to Dennis and Roxanne for all the time effort and dedication. ScubaBoard.com rocks because of people like You!

Note to all members that didn't go; "I'm Sorry":(:crying: "Maybe Next Year"

For all of you that didn't see these wonderful works of art from Dive Paradise's very own artist, Rafael. Here are the 2 commissioned portraits. They are fantastic! He also did a great job on the t shirt design. I'll post it as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks Apple and Rafael! :kiss2:

555791_10151017508502230_1509560164_n.jpg

8048_10151017508322230_340963838_n.jpg

Our pictures!

https://picasaweb.google.com/103997582341093477918/201207Cozumel?authkey=Gv1sRgCOWOjdD__byXSA

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:37 PM ----------

"Loser" Dive Team 7.....was really a joke! The "L" on the elevator was an upside down "7", so we joked that dive team 7 was the "loser" team.
View attachment 129249

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:37 PM ----------

View attachment 129251
You could always say it was cause you lost a member of group 7 after the 1st day. :)

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Despite my unfortunate DCS hit on the first day of the trip, I still had a good time. Luckily I had some close friend on the island and I got to spend more time with them. I also want to thank Dennis and Roxanne for doing a great job on the trip

For those of you that may have known Gabi Loco from Scuba Mau/Opals Dream dive shop, I got to visit him a couple of times. He is still paralyzed from the mid torso down, but seems to be in great spirits. It was great meeting his wife and kids also. He runs a hot dog stand from his home in the evenings, and this dogs and tortas are pretty darn good. If you get a chance try and visit him as I'm sure it means alot to him to reconnect with old friends.

What a trip it was!!! So many memories, stories and pictures! PDT #8 THANK YOU for making Eric and I feel so welcomed glad we fit in with your group!! (so lucky we got chosen to dive you with you all too wouldn't to be part of any other team!! :) Roxanne Dennis a thank you just doesn't cut it!!! So much fun with the hotel Cozumel and dive shop and the parties that you all did and you two were always smiling and that says it all right there!! For who weren't able to make it save up for next year I know I am!!! :)

Mary and Moonie on the beach
P7040002.JPG

The Dubi family
P7050026%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Ryan practicing "fin pivot"
P7050001.JPG

Tonsil check on spotted eel. Apparently he didn't like my taking his mug shot...
P7020104.JPG

Here's the mug shot:
P7020103.JPG

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Lionfish
P7020088.JPG

Ryanfish
P7020004.JPG

The smallest founder I have ever seen:
P7020009.JPG

A juvenile french angelfish
P7020022.JPG

Juvenile drumfish
P7050010.JPG

An immature SCUBA diver:
319453_4164671554221_63986856_n.jpg

I only have about a thousand more pics, since I didn't even take my SLR out of the case this trip.

Here's the facebook link to our wonderful hosts,
Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise.
They have posted our group picture and thanked us for our stay.
Feel free to post comments about your experience.

Dive Paradise | Facebook

Hotel Cozumel & Resort | Facebook

Here is also the link to our fabulous travel agent,
Bay Adventures
if you would like to post some comments as well.

Bay Adventures | Facebook

Thank you again to everyone for a wonderful trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom