More Lake Erie Moorings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

advtech

Contributor
Reaction score
Saturday morning. Jim Herbert of Osprey Dive Charters took my wife Barbara, myself and Jeff Thompson on a quick run around Lake Erie's Eastern Basin. 60 nautical miles in 4.5 hours and we managed to raise the moorings on the Niagara, George Finnie, Carlingford, J.D.McGrath and the Acme.

The first four are all in Canadian waters and have the Orange/white conical mooring buoys installed. The Acme just has a white bleach bottle. The buoyed wrecks also have the pulley tag line system running from the blocks to the wrecks. The Carlingfords tag line needs replacing but we didn't have time as Jim had to get back for an afternoon charter. The block is only about 10' off the wreck however so finding the wreck is not a problem. We'll replace the trag line on our next run out.

Co-ordinates and other info for these and other Lake Erie Shipwrecks can be found on the Lake Erie (Eastern basin) Mooing project page attached to the NDA web site at http://www.vaxxine.com/nda

aquaoren:
Thanks for the info.
Do you have a link to any charter operators?

Just ask Divemistress. I think she has a direct line to one in particular. What were those times again?? Oh ya 10, 12 and 2.

:11ztongue

advtech:
Saturday morning. Jim Herbert of Osprey Dive Charters took my wife Barbara, myself and Jeff Thompson on a quick run around Lake Erie's Eastern Basin. 60 nautical miles in 4.5 hours and we managed to raise the moorings on the Niagara, George Finnie, Carlingford, J.D.McGrath and the Acme.

The first four are all in Canadian waters and have the Orange/white conical mooring buoys installed. The Acme just has a white bleach bottle. The buoyed wrecks also have the pulley tag line system running from the blocks to the wrecks. The Carlingfords tag line needs replacing but we didn't have time as Jim had to get back for an afternoon charter. The block is only about 10' off the wreck however so finding the wreck is not a problem. We'll replace the trag line on our next run out.

Co-ordinates and other info for these and other Lake Erie Shipwrecks can be found on the Lake Erie (Eastern basin) Mooing project page attached to the NDA web site at http://www.vaxxine.com/nda

Excellent work here Ian.

Abyssdive:
Just ask Divemistress. I think she has a direct line to one in particular. What were those times again?? Oh ya 10, 12 and 2.

:11ztongue

Smarta$$!

And you forgot about 8.

At least if you're going to give me a hard time get the facts straight...LOL.

DiveMistress2:
Smarta$$!

And you forgot about 8.

At least if you're going to give me a hard time get the facts straight...LOL.

But I don't like dealing with the facts. It's more fun to stir the pot with out them.

Abyssdive:
But I don't like dealing with the facts. It's more fun to stir the pot with out them.

And you accuse me of being a thread hijacker.....ha ha ha.

Thanks Ian for the update. Are there any more than need to be done?

Just let us know if we can help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom