Moved to Portland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T-rex12

Registered
Reaction score
Just moved back to Portland from the Tri cites. I have started diving while in the Tri Cities and now have the itch. A couple question that I hope someone can answer:

Does anyone dive the columbia between Vancouver and Portland? Is it allowed with the boat traffic?

Any good local river drift dives?

Any other local spots?

I appreciate the responses!

Need dive buddies around here!!

Welcome back. Can't really help with the questions as I am down in Eugene. We just started diving again and have only hit the North Jetty in Florence for crab so far. And Roatan, lol.

Welcome back. Can't really help with the questions as I am down in Eugene. We just started diving again and have only hit the North Jetty in Florence for crab so far. And Roatan, lol.

Welcome. I grew up in the Dry-S**ties and couldn't wait to leave :D. I love living in Portland, but to dive something other than a local mud-hole (and it really is a mud hole), you're looking at driving up to Hood Canal (my preference) or Puget Sound. The good news is once you get there, the sea life is amazing and there are lots of good spots.

Hi T-rex12,

Welcome back to Portland, I would like to invite you to one of the Oregon Scuba Club meetings. We hold meetings on the first Thursday of the month where we have guest speakers, talks about club dives and so on. We meet at the Round Table Pizza on SW Barbur Blvd starting 6:30 PM until ~9:00 PM. I will post our website below so you can check us out if you like. Our next meeting is September 3rd and our guest speaker is Kurt Lieber - Founder and President of Ocean Defenders Alliance. Please feel free to come out and meet everyone and have a good time. We also send out a monthly newsletter that you can sign up for if you like.

Dave
OSC 2015 President

http://oregonscuba.com/

Yoda-x, How was the crabbing? Worth while?

The Good ol' Dry-S**ties haha. Portland is a million times better for sure. What local mudd holes do you dive JohnN?

LowDrag thank you very much for the invite! I will have to check this out, it sounds awesome! Any local dive sites that you enjoy? Have you heard of anyone diving the columbia between Portland and Vancouver?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Columbia River? Only for a body recovery or a commercial dive removing/repairing props on boats. Other than that it is the coast, which can be tough or up north. The LDS I go thru is doing trips on the Bandito boat out of Tacoma next week. My wife and I are planning on jumping on board for the afternoon dive.

Pdx -> iah -> coz

LowDrag-- thanks for the help! Theres a good chance I will be stopping by at the meeting this week. Anything that I should bring or know before going?

gr8jab-- Not sure what you mean....

gr8jab-- Not sure what you mean....

United Airlines - Portland (PDX) to Houston (IAH) to Cozumel (COZ). It is by far the best diving in Oregon (ha ha ha).

The Oregon Coast is full of untouched amazing sites. You just need a good boat and flexibility with the weather.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom