Moving on up.....Cayman airways question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We land at 12:35 pm on a Wednesday, there are 2 flights to little cayman one at 230p and one at 430p (approximately since their Web site times are odd). If our Delta flight is on time (fat chance) we should have plenty of time for the earlier flight. We book the later flight since I trust Delta as much as I do politicians (what???? They lie to us?) So has anyone been able to move to an earlier flight? We would much prefer to spend 2 hours in little cayman than an airport. Tanks bill

In May all flights were full so we were not able to move to the earlier flight despite being early enough.

If you haven't done so already, check with Cayman Airways and try to call the GC location number. My recollection is that if they have room they will put you on another flight without issue as it works to their advantage getting as many people as possible back and forth on this short flights.

What day of the week did you travel? Hopefully being on a Wednesday will help. Talked to Cayman airways and they said if they have room it won't be a problem. We shouldn't have a problem making the earlier flight if we don't get delayed

Saturday - Saturday, which I don't recommend due to passenger load. Next year we're going mid-week. Good luck!

Our trip was 2010 December Thu to Sun. We flew Cayman air from NY. Our connection on the way down was 1:15 between arrival and depart from GCM and we made it. I remember asking about getting on a later flight if we had missed it and I think the answer was as long as there was room. As for the tight connection time note it was a Thur, not sure it would have worked on a Sat. I believe it was on our flight out of LC that we switched to an earlier flight and they did so because there were seats. Our scheduled flight out of LC left a short connection time in GC for the flight home. We checked while on LC for an earlier flight and it was no problem switching to an AM flight out of LC.

I've been able to move to an earlier flight at times. You never know. Try to sit as close to the front on the Delta flight as possible. The earlier you get off, the quicker you get through immigration. If the line is long, can take 30-45 minutes.
Baggage claim and clearing through Customs afterwards has always been quick.

1hr 50 minutes should be a breeze, if Delta is close to being on time.

I chI Kenedy out and booked later flight just in case Delta had a problem. The risk of not getting a seat on a later flight out weighted the potential of getting to lc two hours earlier. If we can move up bonus points!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom