Muck Stick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have gave that russian diver the middle finger and swim away... if he give me grief on the boat.. I just blame nacausis and then flip him off again :)

I love my stick, until i saw this thread I had no idea what they were called. I take my tingting stick everywhere. I first saw them in Alotoa in PNG and love all diving, I use it to point things out to other divers, get someones attention by using it as a tank banger but never have prodded anything with it or driven it into any sand. I am also not a photographer. While I love (and use responsibly..grumble grumble I have russian stories too!) my stick, I was recently diving Rangiroas Tipuata pass and used it for the first time to wedge between two boulders while i hung on with the other hand as did everyone. Serious current..serious enough to start peeling me out of my glove i was gripping on to a rock with. I then discovered the one downside to these sticks with lanyards around your wrist, while my body was pulling backwards in the current, the stick wasnt and the lanyard was pulling up against my wrist effectively holding me there. I will be more careful if in this situation again.

I don't care for a stick without a good handle, so I came up with these (still to be welded). I personally think there are many cases , often in some current, where good buoyancy just won't do the job. Done right, placed right, this is a good alternative. Having said that, I think they're greatly over-used, with too many divers taking advantage of the "pokey stick" aspect of them. A stick like this will have an obvious negative impact on your packing weight, though.View attachment 144461[/QUOTE

Bruce

Here is a shot of my finished "STICK" Thanks for your help in finding the pieces.

Finding someone to TIG weld was not easy.

IMG_0227.jpg

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom