My new cavern helmet..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured ole Dive Rite gave you a bit of a discount, evidently and sadly they do not. :letsparty:

I could probably try to work a deal with them. I usually try to deal with one of my LDS advertisers. They support me, so I support them.

Net doc, for the QRM what did you use to bolt it to the helmet? I have big blue lights and they have a similar mount.

I used a Light Monkey helmet and light mounts. It is tethered, no articulating arms (flip screen option on GP). Lights are Ikelite brand with diffusers. I used epoxy for the camera mount, the lights are mechanically attached with provided hardware. It has about 60 or so cave dives with no issues.

yLMBlIy.jpg

Last edited:
Video quality is pretty good. I was using my 12W only. No video reflectors or HID lights.

I've lost four sticky mounts in air travel now. Got a cnc aluminium mount and screwed it through my LM helmet. Did two weeks cave diving in Mexico and then a 3 days scootering in Japan, it's solid with the go pro taking the occasional whack and travelling at a decent speed however it's stainless screws on an aluminium bracket in salt water, so corrosion might eventually win.

I mounted my backups as low as possible and my primary holder is just some PVC mounted high left to hold my LM 12W LED.

The only gripe with LM helmets is that I've had to gut mine and even with the basket removed the chin straps are still a bit short. They should just supply a blank plastic shell so we can make the rest up with holes and bungee.

Pics to follow

I've lost four sticky mounts in air travel now. Got a cnc aluminium mount and screwed it through my LM helmet. Did two weeks cave diving in Mexico and then a 3 days scootering in Japan, it's solid with the go pro taking the occasional whack and travelling at a decent speed however it's stainless screws on an aluminium bracket in salt water, so corrosion might eventually win.

I mounted my backups as low as possible and my primary holder is just some PVC mounted high left to hold my LM 12W LED.

The only gripe with LM helmets is that I've had to gut mine and even with the basket removed the chin straps are still a bit short. They should just supply a blank plastic shell so we can make the rest up with holes and bungee.

Pics to follow

I never trusted those 3M stickers. Heck I don't even trust the epoxy, that's why it's tethered :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom