My new Venice shark tooth hunting solo rig..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdrannik

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's my new rig for strictly solo excursions off the beach.. Bouyancy underwater is perfectly neutral.. Breath at top of lungs - float up, breath at bottom of lungs - go down.. I'll probably add a couple pounds for sitting on the bottom and digging a hole.. The $39 plastic backpack/harness came with a two-piece 2" webbing setup.. I re-rigged it with a single piece of 2" webbing and then doubled up the two plastic buckles from the original harness.. If I tilt my head WAY back I can touch the transmitter, but in everyday use it's not a problem.. Couldn't find a better way to mount it - if I face it down then the SPG hose faces up..

Tank: PST E7-100 HP
Regulator : Atomic T1X DIN with M1 Exhaust T and knob.
(On a 22" Halcyon hose for primary.. Don't tell or I'll never get in Extreme-Exposure store again.. hehe)
SPG: Zeagle Solo SPG (My favorite for instant readability)
Computer: Suunto Vytec w/transmitter (Wrist Mount)
Compass: Suunto SK-7 (Wrist Mount)
Knive/Dinner Stabber: UK Blue Tang Titanium

CBulla:
HEY! I have one of those exact harnesses! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I'm trying to figure out what they have the two holes for? They don't think people are going to attach a set of bands for doubles onto this thing I hope.. Have you come up with any creative way to attach a wing to this? I wonder if you could just sandwich it between the tank and the plastic?

Now that is what I call minimallistic! I like it. It has everything you need for Venice & nothing that you don't.

scubafool:
Now that is what I call minimallistic! I like it. It has everything you need for Venice & nothing that you don't.

If you think thats minimal, you should see what I was diving on years and years ago. :D

bdrannic:
I'm trying to figure out what they have the two holes for?

I've not really explored it. I recieved mine with a steel 72 and set of older Scubapro regs (free). Reefraff, does't this hail back to the Mae West horse collar bc's?

CBulla:
If you think thats minimal, you should see what I was diving on years and years ago. :D

I've not really explored it. I recieved mine with a steel 72 and set of older Scubapro regs (free). Reefraff, does't this hail back to the Mae West horse collar bc's?
Not that I miss AMF all that much, but my SwimMaster horsecollar was a prized possession.

bdrannik:
I'm trying to figure out what they have the two holes for? They don't think people are going to attach a set of bands for doubles onto this thing I hope.. Have you come up with any creative way to attach a wing to this? I wonder if you could just sandwich it between the tank and the plastic?
I have the same backpack, and the holes are for a stainless steel tank band. No, you wouldn't want it for doubles, but I have my old AMF backpack, which uses the stainelss bands, and it's a little more sturdy, but it's the same design, and it holds twin-72's just fine.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom