N2ition Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My N3 is on its way. In the manual there is one blip about the user settable text. Is this set with the software, or can it be set using the set/select buttons on the computer itself. Manual does not go into depth on this. Apparently this feature is not on the Trio, or atleast it doesn't mention it. This leads me to beleive its a software settable feature? Thanks in advance!

You set the text with the software. The user settable text is just a little three screen thing that rolls over while in surface mode. Useful if you have more than one of these sitting around. You can put your name on it.

Ok thanks. Another question, since the USB cable seems to also upload to a certain extent, can/will versions of the onboard software be updated? Did the n2ition 2 software need fixes? I'm trying to justify dropping another buck for the usb download kit, putting my name on the screen is not enough yet. :) Thanks for your input.

Ok, here is the first beta Vista install is done.

If I was a betting man I would bet that these computers have been able to be flashed from the downloaders since the time of the Nitek 3 distributed from D.R. but I doubt Seiko Epson will ever tell us how or have Dealers or Zeagle do the updates. (talk about a liability)

Will, as I understand, the new software be compatible with the original N2ition? If so, will it incorporate any new features? I like the computer, but I have to admit that so far I'm pretty disappointed in the software. The Suunto Dive Manager that I'm used to was much more feature rich and had a LOT better system to add your dive gear, etc. I would like to see something comparable to use with the N2ition.....

Firefyter, I've not used PC software with the computer before, what types of features do you like or what would you like to be able to do with the new software? I have the impression of just downloading a dive and info to print out for your dive log book and to keep track in a folder on a PC.

gibby z, where in the software does it allow us to set the user text? I d/l the version off the Zeagle website, v1.1. Thanks.

Thats the old XP only software.It does not include support for the N2ition3.
The new software will be designated N2ition-PC3
Send me your contact info if you would like to beta test the new software.

Firefyter, I've not used PC software with the computer before, what types of features do you like or what would you like to be able to do with the new software? I have the impression of just downloading a dive and info to print out for your dive log book and to keep track in a folder on a PC.

Emphasis mine.

This is indeed the gist of the software, but there are differences in how it's done. The N2ition software is adequate in this aspect, but lacks in others, which is disappointing to me.

I like the Suunto software better because, to me, it has a better interface, and it has a spot to record weight used on each dive. It also allows you to create an extensive list of dive gear, then pick and choose which gear you used for each dive. This is handy because I have a ton of gear, and I pick and choose what gear I use based on the dive site and conditions. Zeagle offers no option even remotely similar, nor does it have a place to track weight used, which is a key reason for me to log dives. Zeagle's software looks almost cheap compared to the other, as if it was an afterthought hurriedly put together.

I was just wondering if the new version would address any of these issues, and if it would work on XP with the older N2ition dive computer.

It looks like I'll just have to get used to it, or go back to my Suunto....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom