Naked SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weird I thought I was the only str-oke with a plastic gauge on my deco reg. All that I know is that in this application its been more reliable than the brass (N is only a whopping 3).

Don't worry dude, I'll show you full stroke this February, and you will like it, or at least laugh at it and opt to dive with Mel only, instead :)

Yes I know I'm a big wuss.

Serisouly though you and I just seem to break stuff together. Can you say $400 light cord??

Thankfully Petes light seems to be grandfathered in by Halcyon into some infinite "free repair" scheme (they have replaced ballasts, batteries and cords all for free, but charge me)

The cord of his that I broke on the last trip was a free repair! I dont get it. I pay for everything.

If you're wanting to protect the guage pre-dive, you could always store it in one of those guage protectors they put in regulator bags. Should prevent it from banging into anything, or getting banged into. I guess you could leave it on the gauge until you are ready to don your rig if you're really anal. I wouldn't bother, but you could.

BTW I'm not saying this is DIR.

If you're wanting to protect the guage pre-dive, you could always store it in one of those guage protectors they put in regulator bags. Should prevent it from banging into anything, or getting banged into. I guess you could leave it on the gauge until you are ready to don your rig if you're really anal. I wouldn't bother, but you could.

BTW I'm not saying this is DIR.

The ones I've broken and seen other people break have all been rather mysterious. You go to check your pressure in the water and wow there's a big ol' crack in the glass. How did that get there?? You never seem to know. Sometimes stuff just breaks.

Don't worry dude, I'll show you full stroke this February, and you will like it, or at least laugh at it and opt to dive with Mel only, instead :)

Ohhh zesty, do you have a bondage wing in your closet??

Ohhh zesty, do you have a bondage wing in your closet??

lol, good timing.

My daughter just pulled out some old dive pictures of me she was storing somewhere in that mess she calls a room.

I laughed my a-s-s off at the config. What a complete mess.

The best part is, SHE was tearing ME a new one, and naming off the whole gamut of my complete strokery. And she's only 14...lol.

I love that girl :wink: lol.

thanks to all who took the time to answer. I hadnt thought of naked plastic. Hmm... Most of my diving is done from crowded boats with others mostly using rental equip so they are not so careful...I want to buy the best I can and do like the idea of the naked for the DIR reasons but perhaps for the type of diving I do its not so practical?....yes? no?

thanks to all who took the time to answer. I hadnt thought of naked plastic. Hmm... Most of my diving is done from crowded boats with others mostly using rental equip so they are not so careful...I want to buy the best I can and do like the idea of the naked for the DIR reasons but perhaps for the type of diving I do its not so practical?....yes? no?

Honestly if someone sets a tank down on any spg hard its gonna break. boot or no boot. The real plus of a DIR rig on a boat is the short spg hose makes it hard for the spg to splay out from your hips much and get crushed in the first place.

I would hazard than 97% of my diving is off of (always) crowded boats.

My plastic gauges bounce very well. I do notice they scratch easier than glass.

I am way more worried about my $1500 HID than I am a $50 gauge that can take a lot more abuse and still work flawlessly.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom