Nauticam EMWL angled relay lens: field review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey photographers, I have just finished a review of the Nauticam angled relay, which is a new accessory for their EMWL system of bug-eye lenses.

In short, it makes it easier to frame your subject against a blue water background, sunball, model or all of the above. It's not suited for all subjects/positions, but makes it possible to create some unique images:

Hey photographers, I have just finished a review of the Nauticam angled relay, which is a new accessory for their EMWL system of bug-eye lenses.

In short, it makes it easier to frame your subject against a blue water background, sunball, model or all of the above. It's not suited for all subjects/positions, but makes it possible to create some unique images:

Do they now have a shorter relay tube? or still the long straight one?

Do they now have a shorter relay tube? or still the long straight one?
Just the 150mm-long one, but you can do without it, to keep the EMWL shorter.
In that scenario, the image looks upside down, so you either need a camera that can invert the view (like a Sony mirrorless) or one of the Nauticam reverse viewfinders.

In that scenario, the image looks upside down, so you either need a camera that can invert the view (like a Sony mirrorless) or one of the Nauticam reverse viewfinders.

Do you know if the Z8 or OM1 can invert the view?

Interesting review. On my A7R5 the flip and invert image applies only to the LCD scren, but not to the EVF. Is there a way to assign this workaround to the EVF, so that one can spare the bulky relay tube? Or is the reverse viewfinder the only solution?

Wolfgang

The support of image inversion in mirrorless cameras is lower than I was hoping for!
On my A7R5 the flip and invert image applies only to the LCD scren, but not to the EVF. Is there a way to assign this workaround to the EVF, so that one can spare the bulky relay tube? Or is the reverse viewfinder the only solution?
Good to know on the A7R5 (and a bummer)
Do you know if the Z8 or OM1 can invert the view?
OM1 I am not sure, but I played around the Z8/Z9 and couldn't find that function, repetitive Googling didn't help either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom