Neat Little Tricks Are Good to Know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2. I use a bungee necklace on my primary regulator so it never gets lost

Adam

Curious....what will you do when a diver in panic grabs for it and can't get it off? If he/she is already at that point, I'm sure calmly pointing out that you have an octo available won't do so well. Seems like it's potential for an underwater fight over air.

Launching a large DSMB.

Make the inflation a 2 step process. Whether it is orally, 2nd stage, exhaust, LP hose or (I would think) AP valve...

A small bubble of gas into the bag..just enough to stand the tube with minimal impact to your buoyancy first will give you time to leisurely sort out lines and spool/reel.

If you use an open or dick-billed DSMB more the better. Use your BC inflator to move gas from your BC to the marker.

Curious....what will you do when a diver in panic grabs for it and can't get it off? If he/she is already at that point, I'm sure calmly pointing out that you have an octo available won't do so well. Seems like it's potential for an underwater fight over air.

The double slip knot method will come loose I suspect.

If the bungie is knotted and wrapped under the mouth piece Zip tie..horse of a different color. It could get messy. Good point.

If you use an open or dick-billed DSMB more the better. Use your BC inflator to move gas from your BC to the marker.
I have a DUCK billed marker myself! :wink:
:rofl3: :rofl3:
Just teasing ya, Tim!

Remind all the folks you know with private boats how handsome or good looking they are...
Nice! :)

You can cable tie together a camera housing if it breaks.
3607819552_8cb5a9ae60.jpg
:D

It makes the camera invisible too! :D

Saspotato. Where did you get that photo of me? I have one of those Sony's and dont like the catch. I wish I knew how to post a photo like that.

Yea the catch is dodgy but as you can see cable ties work if it snaps :) I did a test dive at St. Leonard's with no camera and then the next dive put my camera in, no worries! I have a replacement housing though.

Great camera, cost me $50 for my u/w camera setup :)

The bungee is elastic and is wrapped over the mouthpiece. It's tightened with two slip knots at each side. If you pull on it hard enough it will just slide out from the bungee. I don't tie the bungee to the regulator.

If a paniced diver grabs my primary I would let him have it and I'd use my octo. My primary hose is shorter than the octo, so after he settles down I'd swap.

The idea was borrowed from DIR where they keep their octo on the necklace and use a long hose for the primary. I keep my octo in the traditional place on the BC and use the necklace for my primary.

Adam

The trick works with doubles too, you just have to do it twice and remember the valves turn opposite -- I dunno about while wearing a 7mm, however, since if I were to ever need one of those, I'd likely stay in the bar and sip some (warm) brandy instead.....:D

Back
Top Bottom