Need A Little Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am just getting started almost through with owd. I got a Sherwood Magnum II reg and octo setup a seaquest excel BC. And a aladin prime uwatec. Is this gear good enough for a begginer. Any advice would be appreciated.
As others have said, nothing wrong with the gear at all, if it is in working order. And, if the Excel and the Sherwood reg were purchased on eBay a little over a week ago, you got it for a good price. The BCD is not something that I would purchase, or recommend, but if it works for you, it is a good piece of equipment.

Hey everybody. Thanks for all the advice. I got my open water certification... Whoo hoo. Hey I am working on a fairly tight budget. And was wondering if shopping online for deals on better gear is a taboo type thing. I spend most of my money at my LDS. But sometimes I can't afford to buy top of the line so any advice would be appreciated.

Hey everybody. Thanks for all the advice. I got my open water certification... Whoo hoo. Hey I am working on a fairly tight budget. And was wondering if shopping online for deals on better gear is a taboo type thing. I spend most of my money at my LDS. But sometimes I can't afford to buy top of the line so any advice would be appreciated.
Certainly not taboo in my experience. Nor is looking at second-hand through classifieds or auction sites.

I could afford new but if my budget had been tighter, damn sure I would have bought used rather than not dive.

Not at all taboo! I bought 99% of all my gear second hand through friends, fellow divers and dare I say it, Craigslist. I see your from Alabama, I'm from Tennessee. Congrats on your new OWC. If you ever want to dive, look me up. Like I said I bought everything used and made sure it was in good working order. nothing to worry about at all. Support your LDS when possible but support your bank account first and foremost. BTW, Amazon has the cheapest and best supply of Frameless masks. Cressi and other model frameless masks for $25 regular $70-$100

Thanks for the invite if I get near Tennessee I'll look you up.

In general, the top of the line gear for a given manufacturer functions very nearly just like the next tier down, but looks nicer. Some people think how it looks really matters, some don't.

All my gear is second hand apart from my mask. Never had a problem with any of it. Prefer to spend my hard earned cash on wine women and song.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom