[need help] Victim of a moving scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rubis

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,
I am posting this here, hopefully it will have some exposure to a wide audience ...

I moved from the US to Europe in december. Unfortunately my household goods are still in the US and the moving company is unable to give me a delivery date. This has been going on for the past two months and I have come to the conclusion that I am a victim of a moving scam. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Motor Carier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and also called the bureau in the FBI that deals witn those cases.

I was wondering if anybody on the board could help ?

Thank you in advance

Cris

Cris, OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened!!!!

I've never heard of a moving scam. Other than the fact that they seem to be stonewalling you as to a delivery date, what other "hints" do you have that this might be a scam?

Cris,
What was the moving company name? PM me, I will have somebody look into it.

One likely possibility is that they are stalling because they are looking to fill in spots for the trip to Europe with other customers. They do this to try to maxamize the profit of the trip. If they don't have enough customers to meet the quota for profit for the trip they stall untill they do. I worked in the moving business for 8 years. Evil tricks of the trade. Sorry to hear that you may be one of their victims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom