Need info Vintage Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would agree with Luis on the yoke screws being swapped. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw them. Hopefully the seller will see Luis's posting.

Not only are the yokes swapped, so are the nozzles which makes me wonder what other problems exist inside. I can see no good reason to do a swap like that so I can only assume whoever did it had no clue what they were doing and that makes me wonder what other damage they may have done...or are they frankenstein regs someone threw together from parts, which pretty much distroys their value as a collectors item.

Now I‘m concerned. I did not know parts were swapped. I don't think these are 'Frankensteins". Any swapping would most likely be between these two regulators. I do know that the hose on the one was replaced. I believe the other hose is original because it is slightly disintegrated and broke off due to disintegration and no other reason.
My uncle was part of the salvage team for Lake Michigan off of Waukegan Harbor in the '50s. He may have swapped parts at that time to suit his needs. I am giving all the information I have and hope you can make your own determinations from the pictures. My uncle and my father are no longer with us so I can't give any more details. -
So far the same person is bidding on both. I can only hope that the same person will win both. - I don't know what to do. It's not right for me to stop the auction then re-list them together. –
All I can do is wait and see what happens. If 2 different people win - I'll see if they want me to exchange their contact info. Then they can talk and decide what parts go with which regulator and how they want to handle it.
Thank you for your feedback and comments. If I find out any more about these regulators, I will post it. -Thanks, Carole

Don't get all worked up over the auction. You did not lie nor mislead. They are what they are and you have gone far beyond what most people do that are not knowledgeable about their items. Let it go.

I would not worry too much about them. I agree with Alan, you have not represented them falsely. This bunch has a lot of experience rebuilding these old regs and we know them well which is the reason we spoted the problems. It's not unusual to get regs that are not complete. Odds are the person who is bidding has a pretty good idea of what they are and if not, they have to learn some time.

Back
Top Bottom