Need some help, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFDiver85

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going on a cruise in July to St. Thomas, St. Croix, and the Bahamas I believe. Out of the 3, which one would you folks recommend diving? I dove Cayman this past December and found it amazing. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thank you.

UCFDiver85:
I'm going on a cruise in July to St. Thomas, St. Croix, and the Bahamas I believe. Out of the 3, which one would you folks recommend diving? I dove Cayman this past December and found it amazing. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thank you.

I dove St Croix a couple of years ago. The wall diving is absolutely beautiful. I'm not familiar w/ the dive ops where the cruise ships come in though, so I can't recommend one.

I have dove all three and if I had the choice I would probably hit the Bahamas again. St. Thomas is okay but kind of shallow. If they take you right out in the harbor the dive on the Navy barges is pretty cool. The best diving is on the east end towards the BVI but thats a 30 minute plus drive depending on traffic. If you want to go for it contact Chris Sawyer Diver Center. In St. Croix the cruise ships come in on the west end of the island and the best diving is on the north side near Cane Bay and Salt River Bay. I can recommend Anchor Dive in Salt River Harbor but once again the ship op will probably take you somewhere near the dock. The drive to the Salt River/Cane Bay area is probably a half hour plus. I assume that you will be diving in New Providence when you say Bahamas. I can recommend Stuart Cove's on Paradise Island if you want to arrange your own. If not the diving here gives you your best chance of seeing something big (sharks). Don't miss it if you can help it!

The Cane Bay area in St. Croix, and particularly the Northstar dive site, is one I would recommend. I would recommend Cane Bay Dive Shop on St. Croix. We made the drive between Fredricksted and Cane Bay in more like 15 minutes, but we were staying there a week and had our own rental SUV - it may be different in group transporttation. You could look at their web site and drop them an e-mail or 2 requesting a dive at Northstar etc. and see what they say.

WarmWaterDiver:
The Cane Bay area in St. Croix, and particularly the Northstar dive site, is one I would recommend. I would recommend Cane Bay Dive Shop on St. Croix. We made the drive between Fredricksted and Cane Bay in more like 15 minutes, but we were staying there a week and had our own rental SUV - it may be different in group transporttation. You could look at their web site and drop them an e-mail or 2 requesting a dive at Northstar etc. and see what they say.
Thanks for everyones' input!

Cane Bay Dive shop has a small shop right at the end of the cruise ship dock at Frederiksted. They can arrange all your diving there and shuttle you back and forth to their main shop on the north shore where the majority of the diving is done on the island. Like most of the Carib July will be the best time to be diving. Calm, clear, beautiful. Which cruise ship/lines will you be on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom