Need suggestions re diving/accomodations in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man I forgot what a great site Elvin's plane wreck is!!! We actually requested to go back there for an afternoon dive... Another benefit of staying out by Go West!

+1 Elvins, it's not the plane, the reef is very nice, perhaps my favorite after Watamula. I remember several of the sites Andreas mentioned very well, Rediho, Scooter,and Sponge Forest, in particular. The diving on the West End is quite good

Thanks everyone for their comments. After considering everything, we've decided on the following:

- 4 nights in Westpunt at Nos Krusero Apartments, which are just across the street from Go West Diving; we seriously considered Kura Hulanda Lodge but decided against it cause they don't have good Wi-Fi, which we need; we also considered All West Apartments;
- 3 nights in Willemstad at the Renaissance;
- 3 days diving at Go West; with respect to the dive sites, we really wanted to do the Mushroom Forest and Watamula, but based on Go West's boat schedule and the days we are there, we may get to dive the Mushroom Forest but not Watamula...so we've decided to let the boat schedule decide what we will dive; no point getting hung up on any particular site as Andreas and others have mentioned, they're all pretty nice.
- we're going to rent a car; we didn't want to but it just makes things so much easier

Additional comments/suggestions welcome!

Sounds like a great vacation, enjoy! You'll really like the house reef at Go West, Playa Kalki. I prefer to the right/North, but the other direction is good too. This is a very good night dive.

You may still have a chance to dive Watamula even if it is not on the AM dive schedule. The PM 1 tankers are flexible. Ask to go to Watamula one of the afternoons you are there, maybe others will be of the same mind. We dived Watamula one morning and one afternoon during our week stay. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: mbs
Go west diving is my favorite on the island. You simply can't go wrong with Luis and his dive op.

Reactions: mbs
You may still have a chance to dive Watamula even if it is not on the AM dive schedule. The PM 1 tankers are flexible. Ask to go to Watamula one of the afternoons you are there, maybe others will be of the same mind.

+1: Watamula was our favourite dive there, try to get that one.

It looks like there's a consensus on Watamula. Sounds like not only should we do it, we should do it more than once!!!

Okay then, I'll "aggressively" request it...I wonder if Andreas can make it happen for us :wink: :p

:(:(:(

Looks like we are going to cancel our trip to Curacao. A family member got really sick and we need to be here to take care of him.

Looks like we'll lose several hundred dollars in cancellation fees but that's life...

:(:(:(

Looks like we are going to cancel our trip to Curacao. A family member got really sick and we need to be here to take care of him.

Looks like we'll lose several hundred dollars in cancellation fees but that's life...

That is very sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your family member will recover soon!

Back
Top Bottom