New Bare SB System Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Bare HD Tech-Dry suit and love the suit find it very comfortable easy to use. I too am curious about this suit hoping to see it at the BTS show in NJ in March. Me personally I prefer the fourth Element 2 Pc undergarments from what I have tried IMO the are best for me as the are highly compressed and wicking performs great and keeps me warm. After looking at this suit online it looks as if it's a tighter fitting suit and if so for some like me that gets cold easily like 2 weeks ago went diving water temps were 38F I had on my fourth Element Arctic and XT250 Would layering up like this fit with this suit. Just seems as it's not as roomy as the HD-Tech Dry again this is only from seeing it online,

Thanks

One thing I am curious about would be the ability to hold up to wear and tear. My BARE Trilam HD Tech Dry is bombproff, but it is stiff. The SB system is flexible, but is it resilient?

having a hard time finding them online. where can i purchase these suits? where has the best deal? thanks

I don't think the SB suit is available here yet. But my understanding is that the whole new SB set up will be available sometime soon in 2011. They may already be available in the US but I have had difficulty locating any in Canada so far.

Fireinmybones,

From the tech specs that we test divers were provided, the suit will handle the same wear and tear and abrasion as the Trilam Tech, but what we don't know yet or weren't informed is how well all the chemicals may affect the suit (it is breathable of course!), so they asked that we don't do any car retreivals, oil spills, motor fuel spills etc, nor sulpher hot ponds, or fish farms, until further chemical tests are passed on to us. But after all the test dives I have done, and the enviroments that the suit has seen, and the fact I own a trilam tech dry as well, I would say it is everything the quality, durability of the trilam tech dry.

11x and Badadious,

The suit isn't available yet, and latest news I got from the factory was that the suit should be in stock and ready to ship to retailers around the 1st of April, now, as we all know in this industry something could change and this date could move. Also the test team was informed that all underwear pieces are ready for the same time. As for on-line retailers, there are a few BARE on-line retailers, I know they have MAP pricing, so I don't think there is a better "DEAL" to be add at any particular retailer, and in fact your Brick and mortar retailers, could be cheaper then on-line, as you don't have to follow MAP pricing when selling with no advertisiment. Thus a store selling directly to their clients can negotiate any pricing they want. But again I will ask the other test divers out there if they think any differently.

The zipper, is it the same zipper as we are seeing on Nex Gen Pro Dry suits? Its an all plastic zipper that has been very well recieved by commercial divers here on Vancouver Island from what I have heard. If it isn't could you describe it some more?

Belce,

Yes it is the new Ti-Zip master seal zipper. I have been forunate enough to test dive that zipper in a variety of suits, and I know that they work with some of the Fish Farm teams on Vancouver island for testing of the suits, materials and zippers, and you are right they are very positive of them. I find that the zipper, really helps with the SB in keeping weight down, and the flexibility has high as possible.

a22Shady

Sorry I missed your post earlier. Yes the ease in the suit, seems to be a tight fitting product, great for Cave, wreck diving etc. But with the stretch and performance, it definitely has room in it for layers. I do beleive the new BARE Mid-Layer system, is very similiar to Fourth Elements product for thickness etc. Myself and another test diver have worn base layer, mid layer, the mid layer vest all under the suit, with no issue or loss of mobility, comfort etc. So for those of you diving on the east coast, or great lakes where the water seems to be colder then the west coast, I don't see any issues of warmth. Now that being said we all know that each person is different in how they feel warmth, which has nothing to do with undergarments, they are either naturally cold or warm, so I could still see people over heating or being cold, if they don't layer, wear enough.

DiveGuru, how "stretchy" is the material? In other words, if the suit is cut slim-fitting, can one still stretch the fabric easily? (My compressed neoprene suit was billed as "stretchy", but it would have taken an industrial winch to get any significant stretch out of it.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom