New diver from Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perozdero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

Just want to introduce myself. I have used this forum a lot for information and finally decided to register and hope to be more active. I joined a diving club in my area to have buddies and get more experience and feedback but also always nice to discuss things with the huge society here and maybe meet new ppl IRL in NL or when traveling :)

I got certified with PADI last summer in NL and then did AOW when I went for a holiday and couple of extra dives since in Spain and Greece. I initially bought only my own regulator set, mask and snorkel and dived with rental gear but now I am expanding my gear for the coming season in NL

What I have so far is:
  • Apex VX 1 mask
  • Aqualung legend elite regulator set
  • Apeks rk3 fins
  • Scubapro Novascotia Semi dry suit
  • Bare 7MM Ultrawarmth Boots
    Bare 5MM Ultrawarmth Gloves
  • Mares Sirus Dive computer

Still very hard for me to decide on BCD and if I should go with BP/W set from Techline or xdeep or stick to a jacket style BCD since that's the only thing I have dived with so far. Hoping the weather will improve here soon so I can try out my new gear :)

Hi Everyone,

Just want to introduce myself. I have used this forum a lot for information and finally decided to register and hope to be more active. I joined a diving club in my area to have buddies and get more experience and feedback but also always nice to discuss things with the huge society here and maybe meet new ppl IRL in NL or when traveling :)

I got certified with PADI last summer in NL and then did AOW when I went for a holiday and couple of extra dives since in Spain and Greece. I initially bought only my own regulator set, mask and snorkel and dived with rental gear but now I am expanding my gear for the coming season in NL

What I have so far is:
  • Apex VX 1 mask
  • Aqualung legend elite regulator set
  • Apeks rk3 fins
  • Scubapro Novascotia Semi dry suit
  • Bare 7MM Ultrawarmth Boots
    Bare 5MM Ultrawarmth Gloves
  • Mares Sirus Dive computer

Still very hard for me to decide on BCD and if I should go with BP/W set from Techline or xdeep or stick to a jacket style BCD since that's the only thing I have dived with so far. Hoping the weather will improve here soon so I can try out my new gear :)
Welcome! It occurs to me that some people may not know that NL stands for Nederland (Netherlands).

Welcome onboard.

IMO, once you use BP/W you will never go back to jacket. If possible rent or try someone's BP/W. You will be in a better position to take a call.

Thanks

Welkom!
Still very hard for me to decide on BCD and if I should go with BP/W set from Techline or xdeep or stick to a jacket style BCD since that's the only thing I have dived with so far.
BP/W. It will outlast any BCD and you will enjoy the freedom of movement in a BP/W soooo much more.
Hoping the weather will improve here soon so I can try out my new gear :)
There's a solution for that and it's called drysuit.

On Marktplaats(an Ebay like) there are plenty of good BP/w for sale for a good price. Just wait for the right one.

There's a solution for that and it's called drysuit.
Haha my wallet is not ready for that :D But joking aside I would like to get more experience before I go that route

On Marktplaats(an Ebay like) there are plenty of good BP/w for sale for a good price. Just wait for the right one.
Hmm might check Markplaats out - to be honest I did not really consider getting one 2nd hand so far. I assume besides checking if its inflating /deflating and holding pressure there is not much more to check, right?

Hi, and welcome!

There is also regional section of the forum Benelux though not that active, maybe you'd want to introduce yourself there as well.

Where about from NL are you?

My personal choice is BP/W, but this is heavily influenced on what type of diving you want to get into.
Dry suit, in my case is a must, if you want to dive throughout a year in the NL, this winter water temp was 6 degrees C on average.
Yesterday at Zeelandbrug was 9C, and I've seen some guys in wetsuits - diehards! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom