New Diver planning a trip to Cape Town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am new to diving- I just passed my first open water course this past weekend in key largo. I have a trip to South Africa already planned for this October and now I would like to include a dive while I am there. I'm only about 8 weeks out from the trip so I am going to try to get some dives in locally before I go (and I'll be heading to a forum local to me for advice on where to do that next!). Can anyone recommend dive companies and sites in CT? Any tips on how to spot a good company regardless of location? I loved the group I learned from and felt really good and confidant in the water with their attention to detail. Will there be places to go that are good for a beginning diver? I like sharks, so I'd love a dive with a chance to spot a few, assuming the company I am with is reliable. I would need to be buddied up with someone from else on the dive since my traveling companion isn't certified.

we have some great operators here in Cape Town. It all depends on what you want to do when you are here. Shallow wreck dive,reef dives diving with sharks and seals. As mentioned above check out Ollava also check out Pisces Divers Welcome to Pisces Divers - Cape Town, South Africa as well as Dive Cape Town with Dive Inn for a personal one on one dive. If you want to just do a couple of shore entries pm me and we can organize a dive. you need any extra info just drop me a line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom