New lights/upgrades?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Michael,

Any new lights or upgrades in the pipeline?
Cheers

PS took my X1-VB for a months diving in Indonesia, used as my primary light for day and night dives. It was perfect and worked flwlessly, the narrow beam was great daytime and the wide for night diving. Many people commented on the light.

I asked about this on another post...Came across a co. called Wisedive.com.....Had some led handhelds w/2300-3300 lumen and burn times of 3-5 hrs....Don't know anything about them or anyone who has used them.......

Coincidentally I came across them a couple of days ago, Danish company I think, look like nice lights, although could only find one offering in a diving light. The high powered Tactical light says "not for diving". The one I did see had a constant flashing light at the base indicating battery level in two different colours, I know I would find this annoying after a short time as it would always be in my line of vision, rather distracting if night diving. Im pretty much sold on Mb-Sub lights awesome quality and great customer service. Im hoping Michael will come out with a slightly more powerful X1-VB I love this light but there times when a little more power would be useful.

Sorry, but the precondition for a X1-VB with more power is a LED with nearly the same dimension of the die and with more light power. This LED dont exist for the moment. Its not enough to take a LED with more power, the other preconditions must be O.K. too.
We give a new and better LED to the new version of X1-800, but this light is a fix focus light with reflector.

For the VB-50 LED head of the VB-CAVE we have a small upgrade: we have a better grip on the focus ring.

Michael

Attachments

• VB-50-new.jpg
    VB-50-new.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 266
  • VB-50-new1.jpg
    VB-50-new1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 275
Sorry, but the precondition for a X1-VB with more power is a LED with nearly the same dimension of the die and with more light power. This LED dont exist for the moment. Its not enough to take a LED with more power, the other preconditions must be O.K. too.
We give a new and better LED to the new version of X1-800, but this light is a fix focus light with reflector.

For the VB-50 LED head of the VB-CAVE we have a small upgrade: we have a better grip on the focus ring.

Michael

I think you should start making your own LEDs:)

Maybe you should ask your girlfriend :D

She thinks diving is a cheap sport as every time I buy something I tell her it cost way less than it did:wink: Im not sure I could convince her that a $1000 plus light was something I had to have, could always tell her my life depends on it and that it would make me a better partner:D

That's a nice upgrade. Not that I've ever had an issue with my original VB-50 but nice none the less.

Fingers crossed that the industry soon will come out with a smaller footprint LED chip.

Henrik

Michael

a newer X1-800?

Back
Top Bottom