New neck seal replacement smaller in diameter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I am in the process of replacing my first neck seal on my older Bare trilam hd. The part that is glued to the drysuit appears to be a bit smaller than the old one in diameter meaning I would have to stretch it a little in order to glue it in place. I would say it is 1/4 of an in shorter in diameter meaning all sides needs to stretch about a 1/4 inch in order to fit. Is this how it is supposed to be? I ordered the seal from DRIS and it is the standard latex neck seal

you sure you have the right size then? the replacement neck seal i got was about 2 inches wider than the neck opening on my drysuit

you sure you have the right size then? the replacement neck seal i got was about 2 inches wider than the neck opening on my drysuit
I wasn't aware there were multiple sizes. I simply ordered the standard bellows latex neck seal

I will be calling them. I just measured the diameter of the base of the new seal (The part that is glued) and it is between 10.25 and 10.5inches.

I didn't say it wasn't wider than the opening, but it is not as wide as the old seal. The old seal is still on the drysuit. It has not torn but is definitely at the end of it's life. I did not want to remove it until I was certain I was ready to replace it. What I did was put the new seal over top the old one and saw that it is not as large in diameter at the base. It may be about .5inch shorter than the old one meaning to glue it where the old one was I would need to stretch it a touch. Not a lot but still, from all the videos I have watched for replacement I see no one stretching to make the new seal fit.

Yhea, I would just speak with the DRIS guys.. They are awesome and more than willing to discuss this stuff. Mike himself assisted me with getting permanent rings on my Fusion..

Back
Top Bottom