• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

New Scuba Book Out!

Discussion in 'Special Announcements' started by klausi, May 23, 2012.

1. klausi

klausi Nassau Grouper

Hi All,

My scuba diving / popular science marine biology / travel humor book is out!

What is happening one hundred meters below the surface of the Pacific Ocean? Has a manta ray a bigger brain than a chimpanzee? Is the disproof of god's existence found in the butt of a sea cucumber? Are sharks merciless killers of men, or is it the other way around? Isn't diving what we as a species really always wanted to do? How did the Vietnamese capture an island held by the Filipinos with the help of pretty girls? What is the right mindset to take photographs under water?

Read all of that and more in “Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving”, featuring tales about the ocean world by biologist Klaus M. Stiefel. Both informative and humorous, tongue-in-cheek and philosophically deep, this book talks about the marine realm of planet earth like no book before. The text is complemented by more than a hundred stunning under water photographs by the author depicting everything from the smallest gobies to the most titanic manta rays.

Amazon.com: Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving (9781475146899): Dr. Klaus M. Stiefel: Books
    https://www.createspace.com/3843072
    http://www.facebook.com/SexDrugsAndScubaDiving
    Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving! | Pacificklaus

Cover Sex, Drugs and Scuba Diving front.jpg

2. JamesK

JamesK Solo Diver

# of Dives:
    Is a kindle version in the works?

3. klausi

klausi Nassau Grouper

I am looking into creating a Kindle version, the book has 100+ color photographs, hence I first released it in print.

4. JamesK

JamesK Solo Diver

# of Dives:
    I understand. I prefer e-books as they are simply ore convenient for me. Keep us posted.

5. klausi

klausi Nassau Grouper

Will do! Thank you for your interest!

6. Rhone Man

Rhone Man Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I'll look forward to seeing the book, but you struck one of my pet peeves with a made up word like "disproof". Like "disrespect" and other made up words, it doesn't not belong in the mouth (or keyboard) of a man with a doctorate.

7. klausi

klausi Nassau Grouper

Interesting objection, can you elaborate? The word is in several dictionaries, I have commonly read it, native speakers understand it, why do you think it is not an English word?

8. gertf

gertf Angel Fish

Disproof certainly is in the Australian Oxford dictionary.

9. covediver

covediver Solo Diver

# of Dives:

It is also in the Merrian Webster's Collegiate Dictionary which is one of the standard references for journalism, feature, and technical writing.

---------- Post added ----------

added to my summer reading list. looks like a good summer for reading and diving