New Suunto D4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So has anyone started using D4 yet?

Does it display the Average Depth in the logbook mode? Cos as far as I'm concerned, the D6 doesn't display the average depth in the logbook mode, unless you download it to PC.

Thanks.

I own a D4 and regret ever buying it, the function RGBM 50% doesn't add any bottom time as promised for users who dive more frequent like me as a dive instructor, recently I dived in the 50% setting and compared to two Suunto dive computers which I had on the same arm; a Gekko and a Mosquito, the D4 gave for a dive to 36 meters/36 minutes only 4 minutes more of decompression as the others.
Therby the "deepstop' setting was also activated.
I had correspondence with Suunto, asked the pro and cons and what would this deepstop and 50% would add to my dives e.d., do I get longer bottom times, they couldn't answer this question so I think that it is again another sales argument from Suunto.
What I bought is a very secure dive computer but when you ask what ist the safest car, it is the one which doesn't drive, do you understand what I mean, it isn't difficult to make the safest but to which price, is this the philosophy from Suunto?

divecor

Divecor

I own a D4 and regret ever buying it, the function RGBM 50% doesn't add any bottom time as promised for users who dive more frequent like me as a dive instructor, recently I dived in the 50% setting and compared to two Suunto dive computers which I had on the same arm; a Gekko and a Mosquito, the D4 gave for a dive to 36 meters/36 minutes only 4 minutes more of decompression as the others.

That's strange. The D4 basically has the same innards as the D6 and D9 (with a few differences – freedive mode, etc) and I run my D9 on 50% RGBM, which puts it in line with my default-setting Uwatec Galileo Sol. If I run it on 100% RGBM, I end up with 20 mins of deco when the Sol still says I have a few minutes of no-deco left.

Mark

Today I made another dive to 30 meters this time in the 100% mode and was again sevrely ponished with 7 minutes compared to a SUUNTO GEKKO dive computer which ended up also with 7minutes but; the GEKKO run down to zero including his safety stop in the 7 minutes whereby my D4 gave me an other (undertstand plus) 3 minutes for the safety stop??
I at the same time carried down on this dive my old Oceanic dive computer and I still had 8 minutes left, I dove for 30 Years with the US Navy tables and they never caused me the bends so to say...........
Basically it should be the same program as the D6 and D9, yes I understood it also like this.
I like your translation for the "apres dive', I told this already for years to my dive customers but their additude towards alcohol changed because of the strickt alcohol trafic laws I suppose.
The Ruhm here in Guadeloupe is exelent you know..........

The Suunto D4 requires that the Wristop "dive" computer go back to Aqua Lung or one of its authorized service centers for replacement. The new D4 has a metal backplate and bezel to reduce flex in the case. Thus making it a mfg. serviceable only unit. As a result of its new electronic components, and now using the same battery as the D6, D9, Cobra, Vyper and Vytec series, the battery life, according to Suunto is 3-4 years. If purchased through an authorized Aqua Lung dealer (US Only) Aqua Lung will give the original owner 3 free battery replacement coupons when you register your warranty online and extend the 2 year warranty to a 5 year pro rated warranty. Check with your dealer for current details.

Dan Rodarte
Aqua Lung Regional Manager

Since this post, Our policy has changed regarding free battery kits to consumers. Our authorized dealers are, and have been required since January 1st, 2009, to register all Suunto purchases online to assure the consumer that their investment is protected by an extended pro-rated warranty up to 5 years, and 2 free battery replacement kit coupons delivered through a confirmation email. Thank you.

Dan Rodarte
Aqua Lung California Regional Manager

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom