New Toy For Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy:
Yes, but I am not underwater. And I was very concerned about blinding other dry cavers when I first began caving, that is why I angle my light downwards when I am takling with or facing another caver and have it forward when I am leading.

Are you saying it's OK to wear a head mounted light above the water, but not below? What's the difference? I would think you could take the same care with a light underwater.

Marc

The awe is dispelled!.. Darn.. all this time I have been in awe and amazement over your pic. I thought it was a cave dive. The pristine clearity shows your masterful diving skills to not kick up ANY silt. The way you took your BC, Reg Set and mask all off to sneak the framed shot underwater.. and to even sink to the bottom to get it all just perfect. I was very impressed at how well you made that look like a land shot! Of course the most obvious answer.. IT was a LAND shot! *DOH!*

Orlando Eric:
The awe is dispelled!.. Darn.. all this time I have been in awe and amazement over your pic. I thought it was a cave dive. The pristine clearity shows your masterful diving skills to not kick up ANY silt. The way you took your BC, Reg Set and mask all off to sneak the framed shot underwater.. and to even sink to the bottom to get it all just perfect. I was very impressed at how well you made that look like a land shot! Of course the most obvious answer.. IT was a LAND shot! *DOH!*

Do I even want to know or care what the heck you are talking about?

Opppsss did not edit in time. I obviously put the wrong name in the orginal post. sorry about that.. I work midnights and typed sleepy eyed. I meant wendy's pic.
Sorry for the confusion.

That makes sense!

I checked out the link for the product and could not tell what the difference was between the 3000 and the 5000 (except price). Looks like interesting systems, 3 light intensity levels, 32 watt the highest. Also see that they have HID models, so the 3000 and 5000 are Halogen?

jagfish:
I checked out the link for the product and could not tell what the difference was between the 3000 and the 5000 (except price). Looks like interesting systems, 3 light intensity levels, 32 watt the highest. Also see that they have HID models, so the 3000 and 5000 are Halogen?

They are both halogen. The 5000 has connectors that allow you to swap out batteries underwater, or to change lightheads if you need to. The 3000 is hardwired.

Marc

Downside? Personally I can't think of any, that's why I bought this. :wink: Great burn times, a smaller package than any other cannister type light I've seen. Any it has provision to clip on anywhere, so you don't need a harness or extra belt to wear with it. It has a number of different mounts available, so you can wear it on your hand, or in a buddy-blinding head mount or if you really want to be really incorrect - mounted on a helmet for cave diving! :D

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom