New Uwatec Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the prime, but you are dead on about the manual. IT SUCKS, what the hell were they thinking? How can you justify the time and research to turn out a good computer, and stick these disjointed lunatic manuals in the box with it? Dave.

ronnyballgame:
JaxvilleDiver:
I own an aladin tec - - - one of the best computers that I have ever owned. It's easy to maintain and very user friendly. I would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a new computer.[/QU

My tec is on order...It is supposed to get here this week. I leave for Aruba (Already got Dive Aruba dialed in and reserved) the 19th, and I really hope it gets here. It was supposed to be here last week...

ronnyballgame

Just talked to my LDS and my Tec is not going to get here until early May. There has been an issue with the console not making it to the rated depth and still staying intact. Not that I would EVER go to 400', but the rep told him as I was standing there that they have not shipped any of them yet because of this problem. So I am getting to use my LDS's UWATEC SmartCom for my trip....bummer....

I guess that means I need to plan anothwer trip for the winter so I can use my new toy....

I feel your PITA. I waited for my D9 for 4 months.

ronnyballgame:
ronnyballgame:
Just talked to my LDS and my Tec is not going to get here until early May. There has been an issue with the console not making it to the rated depth and still staying intact. Not that I would EVER go to 400', but the rep told him as I was standing there that they have not shipped any of them yet because of this problem. So I am getting to use my LDS's UWATEC SmartCom for my trip....bummer....

I guess that means I need to plan anothwer trip for the winter so I can use my new toy....

I have been diving with the SmartCOM for a while now, I like it. I upgraded from an Aladin sport. Both worked great for me, but I wanted more expandability and a computer that I could use with deco stops.

Published MSRP prices for the computers are as follows.

Aladin Tec:
wrist $439
2 gauge $496
3 gauge $540-555 (more with quick release coupling)

Aladin Prime
wrist $329
2 gauge $370
3 gauge $410-425 (more with quick release coupling)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom