Newly Certified and Gearing Up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live on the West Coast of Florida (Sarasota). I'm just finishing my open water certification, and planning to start on my advanced open water and nitrox certifications next weekend. Looking to gain these certs as quickly as possible with hopes of eventually making it to Divemaster; teaching courses as a side gig seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Anyway, I have a couple buddies around here with some experience, so I look forward to getting out on the boat and diving down for sharks' teeth and eventually participating in some Lionfish derbies. I've had a cookbook devoted exclusively to meals you can make with lionfish filets and I'm ashamed to say it's been collecting dust since I bought it two years ago.

I've been dropping what I consider to be a substantial amount on my gear, as I aim to do it right the first time and not concern myself with upgrading in a few years. Here's what I've got so far:

Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD w/ Air2
Scubapro Everflex 3/2mm wetsuit
Scubapro MK25/S600 Deep Blue Titanium Core Regulator
Scubapro Galileo Luna Dive Computer (complete w/ transmitter, receiver)
Scubapro Go fins
XS-Foto un[framed] dive mask

As it stands, I still need to pick up a couple tanks (looking to buy two 80cf aluminum), some bags for my gear, like the dive computer and reg, and one solid travel bag for my gear, as I plan to be traveling and diving as much as humanly possible. I know I'll probably acquire a short list quickly for other things I'll need/want, but if you can think of anything I'm overlooking at the moment, please don't hesitate to let me know.

So yeah, that's where I'm at so far. Looking forward to learning a ton more from you guys! Thrilled to be here.

Thanks for looking!

Welcome to SB. A great place to be and learn. Don't be afraid to speak up.

Hey RR,

Analogue SPG as back up for transmitter failure, analogue compass, torch, small divers knife, SMB sausage with reel and maybe gloves in case of wreck diving.

If you plan on travelling a lot, mainly with regard to flights, do not buy cylinders or weight belt. Rent them at your destination but generally, cylinders and weight belt are included in the charter price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom