Next trip: Cayman, Cozumel, or Roatan

Where to go?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV,

Thanks for the post. I saw the advertised price for CBBR, but I think the single supplement is hurting me quite a bit. When I go to book it looks like this.

Map Pkg 2016 2443.02
Fap 2016 PKG 2581.20

Of course, based on cayman food prices the difference isn't quite as much compared to to compass point comparing breakfast only vs. 3 full meals. Is Cayman brac that much better than the East side of the Grand Cayman?

I could do Cozumel for about $1900 including lodging, diving, flights, and food and $2,400 for Cocoview all in. Don't mind spending more if it would be better (although my wife might have something to say). I do see that the majority of people suggest the Cayman trip.

Thanks again.

Those single supplements are killers! I think that East End diving on Grand Cayman is really great and Compass Point is a popular dive destination. It can get windy and rough out there but that can happen anywhere.

I was just trying to think of places that you are unlikely to visit with your family in the future. I can see you going back to Grand Cayman or Cozumel for a family vacation with some diving, but probably not Roatan or the Cayman Sister Islands (or a liveaboard, when you can manage to fit one into your work schedule).

I believe that the Compass Point package includes a rental car, correct? You will need one because you will be very far out, but that will give you a chance to explore the island and see what you would like to do and where to stay if you ever do come back with the family.

I love Grand Cayman, there is a lot to see and do there, and there is much more to the island and the culture than just the Seven Mile Beach and the tourist attractions, and it offers some great diving! The East End and the North Wall include some of my favorite GC boat dive sites.

Last edited:
Those single supplements are killers! I think that East End diving on Grand Cayman is really great and Compass Point is a popular dive destination. It can get windy and rough out there but that can happen anywhere.

I was just trying to think of places that you are unlikely to visit with your family in the future. I can see you going back to Grand Cayman or Cozumel for a family vacation with some diving, but probably not Roatan or the Cayman Sister Islands (or a liveaboard, when you can manage to fit one into your work schedule).

I believe that the Compass Point package includes a rental car, correct? You will need one because you will be very far out, but that will give you a chance to explore the island and see what you would like to do and where to stay if you ever do come back with the family.

I love Grand Cayman, there is a lot to see and do there, and there is much more to the island and the culture than just the Seven Mile Beach and the tourist attractions, and it offers some great diving! The East End and the North Wall have my favorite GC boat dive sites.

The ability to go North, East, or South helps Ocean Frontiers deal with wind and sea conditions, I've never missed a dive. The dive packages include a rental car and breakfast. As all the rooms have full kitchen, we pick up groceries on the way to cover many lunches and some dinners. The on site restaurant, Eagle Rays, is informal and has very good lunch and dinner items. There are several other good restaurants within a short drive. The packages include AM dives, PM dives, night dives, nitrox are extra. See my previous post, #3

Thank you all for the help and analysis of the decision. Decided to go to compass point in Grand Cayman. It was more expensive, but sounds like the diving is great, it is something new, will offer lots of diving, and best flight. Ended up doing a different week in mid March to better accommodate life.

Back
Top Bottom