nice dive in Fort Lauderdale...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dixie Divers is going to the United Caribbean Friday (the 22nd).

Ft. Lauderdale is a local fav for me.

We have dove with the "Miss conduct" and "paroit island"
Both where great and I like Capt. Conrad from Miss conduct.

there are two great ships around there one is the Ancient Mariner and the Sea Emperor

the Mariner is neat because its shallow and you can safely go threwout the entire ship. check out the huge connecting rod in whats left of the engine room.

I have booked with South Florida Diving....we ll do the United Caribean and a drift dive which I have never done...I have heard that drifts are great. Also this is my first dive in Fort Lauderdale.

Drift diving is great. You'll enjoy it.

Hello all,

Sorry for the slight thread drift, but what is the typical visibility in Ft Lauderdale area in the winter months? We've never been there, but we can get pretty cheap airfare at the moment and are thinking of booking.

Thanks,

Bosch

*edit* Forgot to ask about water temps and wetsuit requirements.

*edit* Forgot to ask about water temps and wetsuit requirements.

Well, I drift dove and I hated it...the flag was a major pain. Maybe I did not handle the flar well but I did not enjoy the dive.

For what I heard about water temp in winter is around 75 and they recomend 5 mm wetsuits.

the viz stays about the same 30-50 feet in 40-60feet of water and getting better a bit deeper. a 5/3 full suite with a hood should keep you going strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom