Nikon 1 AW1 at depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After much searching, I have been unable to find much information from divers using an AW1 concerning maximum depth for the camera and its two lenses, other than some leaking and display problems happening within the recommended maximum depth for the body. I did two dives in Cozumel, the first at 80' and the second at 50', using the 10mm and the 11-27.5mm, respectively. Based on blog comments, it appeared the zoom had more leaking issues and I used it for the shallower of the two dives. Prior to the dives, I installed a new o-ring, using Nikon's included grease, but I used Dow-Corning high vacuum grease on the battery compartment cover and the accessory outlet door. The camera performed as I hoped it would, and all images were taken RAW, using 160-800 ISO for the deeper dive, and ISO 160 for the 50'. I like it!. Prior to this, my last few dives were using my D4/17-35mm f/2.8 in a housing, and while the auto-ISO function and the focus options of the D4 are better than any current dSLR (in my opinion), it certainly did not have the incredible convenience and functionality of the AW1. I hope Nikon continues to develop this (almost) worthy successor to the Nikonos.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom