Nikon Z9 review i. nautical housing on DPReview

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wibble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Interesting interview and review of a Nikon Z9 on DPReview

Thank you for sharing!

I believe that the author is a member on SB too.

Such a pity about DPReview's recent troubles. Glad to see it back.

I found the article very entertaining. In essence a hard core DSLR user that has realised mirrorless is a good thing...

Very different from what I expected. I’ve used a few Nikon DSLRs, and I was expecting the Z9 to be an iterative improvement, but it’s a paradigm shift. Especially the viewfinder. In underwater photography, like all wildlife photography, it can be tricky to get close to your subject. Sometimes you have to squeeze between rocks and fight with currents, and once you’re in position, you have to take a test shot to see if the framing and lighting is right.

With a DSLR, reviewing your photos means taking your eye away from the viewfinder and tilting the camera down, which risks bumping against a rock, kicking up sand, or scaring the subject.

But with the electronic live view, the Z9’s viewfinder is always bright enough to compose a shot, and I can check a test image without having to reposition and look at the back of the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom