Nimrod Explorer, Cairns Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twhi

Reaction score
# of dives
I recently returned from a 7 day trip on the Nimrod Explorer to the Far Northern Great Barrier Reef.

http://explorerventures.com/nexhtml/australia.html

We flew from Cairns for four hours to Lockhart River to board the boat then steamed for four hours to the outer Great Barrier Reef for a checkout dive.

Four dives were offered every day, changing locations 2 or 3 times daily. Night dives were possible almost every night. Fourteen divers were aboard along with 6 crew members. The boat is large, safe and comfortable and the food was good.

A dive master was present on every dive and pre-dive briefings were thorough but not overbearing. We were pretty much able to dive as we pleased as long as it didn’t jeopardize basic safety procedures. The diving was good with lots of fish, pelagics and corals in good condition.

Would I repeat? Yes, but I would combine it with other segments as 6 days diving was not quite enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom