Free NiteScuba products review rewards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truly an embarrassment and a pity.
You seem more offended by it than anyone affiliated with the site. Minos and the Orcatorch folks (although I agree that Orcatorch has been pretty heavy-handed lately) may not support the board, but plenty of members have benefited from their “try it and leave a review” offers. Minos in particular doesn’t spam the board with ads; IIRC, most of his posts are of the “looking for testers” variety, which puts free gear into user’s hands.

I do agree that whoever is running the Orcatorch account now is pretty spammy; Ashley, who I dealt with there for some lights, wasn’t as brazen about it.

They're not looking for genuine testers, they're looking for biased reviews, brand visibility on the popular scuba forum, and google search ranking. If they wanted genuine testing they would be looking for independent labs to qualify specs like light output, impact durability, etc. It's disingenuous. These are low quality lights made from low quality components in factories with the worst ethical and environmental standards on the planet.

They're not looking for genuine testers, they're looking for biased reviews, brand visibility on the popular scuba forum, and google search ranking. If they wanted genuine testing they would be looking for independent labs to qualify specs like light output, impact durability, etc. It's disingenuous. These are low quality lights made from low quality components in factories with the worst ethical and environmental standards on the planet.
And yet are fairly reliable and very affordable. They're great entry level lights that open up more diving opportunities for people who can't afford a Sola or big blue. Well over 100 dives on my S20 and S12 with no issues other than needing to replace the battery with a higher quality one. My V20 and DSV 60 are fantastic. My sea60 just recently died in an odd way. Still recommend them over any other brand for entry level low cost options.

I disagree as well. I have several nitescuba lights with over 100 dives on them. Not only that, but some are too bright - have to turn them down on night dives.
The important distinction from what you are saying - you are NOT conditioned to receive a free light based on a positive review. You try the light first and then leave whatever review you think is appropriate. No pressure. I am sure they have labs and RD Department but my understanding is that they want the guys to test their product in the field and give them real feedback. There was one unit that I trialed, they wanted back to do more tests on it and sent me a different one.
These lights are very sturdy and perform well at a fraction of a price of other brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom