No wetsuits available.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njmorrell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Why are there no Aqualung wetsuits available except on scuba.com?

Are you sure they are available? I’ve ordered from them, and paid only to get an email that the item is out of stock.
I had a terrible time finding a wetsuit. Ended up finding it local at a dive shop.

Maybe scuba.com have also run out, they were showing available last week. The aqualung website shows just about all styles not available.

I really like Aqualung wetsuits and need a new shorty!

There’s been a severe neoprene shortage since last fall. I was looking for a wetsuit and only found it on Scuba.com as well.

FYI - scuba.com is formerly LeisurePro so OK to order from.

Some online retailers are able to keep a larger amount of stock on hand in their middle-of-nowhere warehouses than brick-and-mortar shops, whose square footage is a little more dear. That larger stock can help with the supply chain disruptions we're experiencing across the board. But it also can mean, for better or worse, that they're the last to run out when an item is discontinued. I was trying to buy an Aqualung suit back in 2019, but all the shops were sold out of the one I wanted and I didn't want to buy online without trying it on. I ended up buying a different brand, but periodically checked, out of curiosity, to see if it ever came back. I now believe they may have quietly discontinued that particular suit, though they still advertise it on their website.

Ordered a Dynaflex 5.5 mm through my dive shop. They contacted the distributor who advised that the suit is no longer available in Canada, but could be brought in from the U.S. Delivery time would be 6 weeks. Still waiting, and no response from the distributor when my dive shop inquires...

Ordered a Dynaflex 5.5 mm through my dive shop. They contacted the distributor who advised that the suit is no longer available in Canada, but could be brought in from the U.S. Delivery time would be 6 weeks. Still waiting, and no response from the distributor when my dive shop inquires...

Why don’t you try ordering from the US directly? Scuba.com, formerly LeisurePro, sells Aqualung. You should at least check there. You’ll pay import duties, but if you want this particular suit bad enough, guess it might be worth it.

Thanks Marie13,

I have checked Scuba.com, and other sites, but no one has the suit I am looking for.

I have now ordered an Aquaflex, which I am told is available in Canada. Hopefully one or both show up in the next week or so.

Divegoose

Back
Top Bottom