Normoxic Trimix class @ full cave level

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...my price for this class is about the same as all others...

Jim is spot on Tony. When you consider the instructor's time in the classroom and the dives, it is not a bad price. Seems like when I took it (not from Jim), it was 1+ days in the classroom and 2 or 3 dive days (4 dives). Plus you will get a lot out of the class and be qualified for some different dive sites.

I know Sandy, and as always good to hear from you. Times are rather hard and money is a factor. Even at the hospital we are calling therapist off so we are not getting our normal hours much less overtime.

I paid $1500 for Naui "T1" (adv nitrox/deco/trimix) about 3 years ago when helium was cheaper. I'd say $800 is a steal at today's prices (helium, driving gas, instructor insurance, etc).

During my last class in cave country we split Jim's trailer that he rents and cooked our own meals each night-- that saved a TON of money.

I know Sandy, and as always good to hear from you. Times are rather hard and money is a factor. Even at the hospital we are calling therapist off so we are not getting our normal hours much less overtime.

I hear you Tony. BTW, zero dives this weekend but a good time at the conference. Have a great week.

I hear you Tony. BTW, zero dives this weekend but a good time at the conference. Have a great week.

Why did you not dive? You can see why I did not head down. Seeing that I would have to pay around $800.00 for some "maybe" pickup dives I just could not justify it.

18 months ago, or thereabouts my price was $1200 for normoxic and $1500 for full trimix. I went down on the prices for those when the economy bottomed out. I have not gone back up yet, but I will.

---------- Post added October 14th, 2013 at 08:41 AM ----------

I paid $1500 for Naui "T1" (adv nitrox/deco/trimix) about 3 years ago when helium was cheaper. I'd say $800 is a steal at today's prices (helium, driving gas, instructor insurance, etc).

During my last class in cave country we split Jim's trailer that he rents and cooked our own meals each night-- that saved a TON of money.

Thanks for pointing that out James!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom