Northern Diver Drysuit Vortex3 With Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
This drysuit has only been used a few times and is in like new condition. Northern Diver drysuits are one of the best in the industry and are made well and will last a diver for many, many dives. You can look at their website to get further information but I will tell you all about this suit.

First off, it is made in the United Kingdom. It is made of nylon coated tri-laminate butyl material and is very durable. It has a cordura feel to it, quite thick and heavy, not thin like a DUI. This is a front entry suit with a heavy duty BDM waterproof zipper, in excellent working condition and it has a protective flap that is secured with Velcro. You won’t need to have someone else there to zip you up as you do with rear shoulder to shoulder zippers. Color is black and orange. All seams are double taped and there are adjustable elastic suspenders inside. There is a push-button center-chest inflation valve which has 2 neoprene flaps on the inside as padding so you won’t feel it every time you inflate. The exhaust valve on the left arm can be regulated manually and full instructions are included in the manual on how to set it for variable exhaust. It has factory installed Kevlar knee pads. There is elastic at the rear waist to keep the suit comfortable and close to the body. There is a bellows pocket with Velcro closure on the right hip area. The inflator hose is included.

All latex seals (neck and wrists) are in great condition, very flexible and no dry rot. The neck seal has only been trimmed a tiny bit as the previous owner was a smallish person. (I’ll get into actual dimensions later on.) The wrists are equipped with ring wrist system to fit the factory gloves (included) or can be worn with regular neoprene gloves, see photo. The warm liner gloves are also included so if you use the ring gloves, your hands will stay warm. The liners are made of 65% polyester and 35% rayon. They are a size small and are machine washable.

The attached neoprene and hard rubber boots are in excellent condition, very durable, and do not show any wear. There is a knob on the heels to hold your fin straps. The size on the bottom of the boot says 9/43. I think that means and US 9 or a UK43 size.

The underwear is SPX Thinsulate. It is the top of the line from Northern. It is made of a unique hexagonal quilted combination of Airdale double sided fleece. There is also a layer of ‘Thinsulate’ material sandwiched between the inner and outer nylon linings. Composed of 65% olefin and 35% polyester, the material absorbs a minimum amount of moisture, greatly adding to undersuit comfort. There are stretchable gussets at the shoulder for ease of movement and the wrist area of the sleeves have nylon mesh to aid efficient operation of the exhaust valve. There is elastic at the rear waist for a snug yet comfortable fit, reinforced spine/kidney section, and shoulder and knee pads. It has knitted and ribbed collar, cuffs, and ankles, thumb and foot stirrups, pockets on hips and left breast area, and a 2 way zipper. Separate booties of the same material are included. They have stretchable cuffs too and slip on easily.

The wet hood, size small, is neoprene and does not have a neck bib as it fits right over the latex neck seal. It does have reflective tape on the top. There is also some reflective tape on the suit arms.

Here are the approximate measurements so you can figure out if this will fit you. Remember, drysuits must be big in order to have free movement underwater so these measurements will be bigger than your actual measurement. There is no size listed anywhere on the suit or underwear. The previous owner was 5”5” and weighed about 160.

Underarm to wrist – 20”
Inseam to bottom of boot – 33”
Shoulder down under crotch and up to shoulder – 75”
Chest, all around – 44”
Waist with elastic stretched – 38”
Thigh, all around – 23”
Ankle, all around – 13”
Upper arm, all around – 16”

A 34-page, spiral-bound owner’s manual is also included. Please be sure to read it from cover to cover before you attempt to make a dive in this suit. It tells you everything you need to know about how to put on the suit, removing the suit, care and repair, about the zipper and seals, storage, etc. The manual had gotten wet and the cover bled through to the first and last 2 pages but they are clearly readable, no tears, and none are stuck together. Also included is a storage/carry bag.

I am new to selling on this site but I have 100% excellent feedback on eBay. My user name there is Ginovich if you want to verify.

If you have any questions, I will answer quickly and can send more photos if you want. Please send me your e-mail address if you want more photos.

Asking Price is $999.00. Thanks for Looking.

Attachments

• dry suit.jpg
    dry suit.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 119
  • underwear use.jpg
    underwear use.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 62
  • accessories.jpg
    accessories.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 67
  • wrist.jpg
    wrist.jpg