Novice Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suppose everyone has their favorites. Mine is Neptune's Divers. Mostly because they tailor the experience to whatever you want or need. They will help with your gear as much as you like or not, guide you on your dive as much as you like or not, discuss with the group where to dive, and always small groups. Plus we usually stay at SMB, and they are just up the road and pick you up (as do many others).

Are the orange slices at halftime or after the kiddie soccer game??? ;-)
The orange slices are for me the entire time I am on the boat! I rarely eat oranges except for on dive trips. Much better than at kiddie soccer games.

I have always stayed away from discussions on "do you let some else set up your gear?" I like to and no one has ever had a problem with it. My dive buddy, my wife, some how must breath out of her eye lashes and always comes up with 500+ more psi than me. Even then we try to be the first off the boat since we are usually the last back. BUT try to reassign us dive buddies to better match our consumption will sell as well as a ejection seat in a helicopter. That will not happen. I trust my life with my buddy and will not just dive with anyone. I have seen to many dive partners oblivious to the other. A dive operation that attempts that imho does not understand the relationship and trust dive buddies need to have
I don't like to swap dive buddies, either, unless it is with someone else we are traveling with who I have buddied up with before if it turns out our air consumption matches better at the end. Generally, I prefer to buddy up with my husband regardless for the obvious reason that no one else will care nearly as much that I am nearby and not in distress than he.

Generally, I prefer to buddy up with my husband regardless for the obvious reason that no one else will care nearly as much that I am nearby and not in distress than he.

Funny, I never liked to buddy with my wife, because I figured no one else was standing to gain as much insurance money as she was from my failure to surface!!! :p

But I love having my wife as my buddy. Only time she ever keeps her mouth shut for an entire hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom