Nubble 7/26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Dove Nubble yesterday afterwork. Conditions were too good to not go. Warm, winds from S SW, calm seas. Best Nubble dive of year in terms of conditions. First dive in around 5:45 ish. Was surprised to see 35 foot vis! (Able to see bouy on surface from depth) Temps at bottom (65 FSW max depth) a still 44 degrees. surface temp 60 I entered as tide coming in. High tide was around 9 PM so I was coming in couple hours after low tide.

Went to other side of island and came across a dead seal on bottom. No visible signs of Shark bite, or propeller marks. The lobsters have already had a go at it. On way back, also saw the biggest Lobzilla have ever seen! The carapace was football sized.

When surfaced, there was a HUGE group of divers from Atlantic Aquasports in Rye for Thurs guided dusk dive. At least 15 divers, 3 dive masters. Seeing them all gear up on rock near entry point was interesting.

I did my surface interval Burger/Frappe and then decided to bag 2nd dive. Would have sucked with all the divers in water. I just had a great time just hanging and talking with some of divers topside. It was cool seeing from surface the underwater light show.

Thanks for the excellent dive report. Interesting to hear about the dead seal.

Don't blame you at all for passing up the second dive. Fifteen's a crowd.... and vis would suffer, I'm sure. :)

This is a good time of year for Nubble. I'll be going again soon, hopefully to see some torpedo rays. There's just something about them....

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom