O-ring Sizes for VT3 and Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know the O-ring size for the VT3 hatch and the Transmitter? :)

The O ring for the VT3 hatch is a regular B026. You can get it at any O ring retail store. I do not know the O ring size for the transmitter (cause I´ve never had the chance to play with one of those yet). But I think if you open the transmitter up and take it to your local O ring store, they´ll measure it an sell you a dozen for less than 10 bucks. Post the size of the transmitter O ring size when you find out.

AS568B-011 is the transmitter o-ring

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think AS568B-011 is the correct size for the VT3 transmitter battery hatch. According to Scuba Diving O-Rings - The Scuba Doctor, 011 has an 0D of 7/16" and is Standard Low-Pressure Port/Hose (3/8" UNF). The transmitter hatch o ring is well over 1/2". Thread Oceanic VT3 O-Ring has it at 016 and I'm pretty sure this is correct. This thread is very old, but hopefully I can keep someone from buying the wrong part.

Back
Top Bottom