Oahu Report April 20 Thru 27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I just returned form a week's vacation in Oahu. We lived there (Ft Shafter) from 1990 to 1994 so this was more of a trip down memory lane than anything else. I did however have the chance to make three outstanding boat dives with Kaimana Divers. Because of unavoidable boat issues, all dives were at the same sites, the Sea Tiger and Horseshoe Reef. However, this was not at all a bad thing. I experienced different sea life on each dive. Included in these experiences were reef sharks, turtles, octopus, frogfish, eels, barracuda, eagle rays and the best of all, porpoises chasing sharks. I cannot recommend Kaimana Divers enough. I have been diving since the late 70's and so far Kaimana Divers was in my opinion the best dive operation yet. I dived with Jay and Bill, both highly professional, knowledgeable and just a couple of really great guys. I was picked up from my hotel (Hale Koa) every morning. They kept my gear after the dives, rinsed it, and had it ready for me for the following dives. Bill's dive brief was I think the best I've heard being highly informative and all inclusive. Thanks guys for the great dives. Thank you again Jay, for the photos. I substitute teach and have used some of them in elementary grade science classes which the kids loved. Hope to see you again before too long.

Skip Carmouche

Great report! Thanks for sharing!!!

cool video and report...thanks for sharing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom