Ocean diving tulum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, going down to tulum for a week in december. Ive done the cenotes too many times, wanted a change of pace. Is there any ocean diving worthwhile in tulum? I never hear anyone talking about it but do see some dive sites on various maps. If so any dive shop recos that ocean diving?

How could someone do the cenotes 'too many times'?

JK...different tastes, I guess. I can't help you much although I seem to have heard that there's better ocean diving a little south of Tulum. Not sure when you were there last time, but it seems to be getting more crowded and bigger every day.

Akumal dive center runs boats from Akumal. Nice place, reliable service.
It is ocean diving, there are fish and stuff swimming around. The water tastes horrible.

I'd have to drive to Akuma tho I'm assuming. Has anyone just dove right off tulum ?
yes, they are in Akumal.
I haven't heard of any boat diving in Tulum. You could always walk off the beach, but I don't know what is there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom