Ocean Edge computer repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I wish you luck. I was the electronic designer at Ocean Edge. The Computek II was really just the Tekna Computek with some software changes and a few hardware fixes. What is wrong with your unit? I'll tell you if it can be repaired or not. If the depth indication is not working I'm sorry to say the gauge can't be fixed. Without the specific software we used to update the chip inside nobody could ever get it accurate again. If the display is partially missing you might fix it, but it would involve taking the unit apart. As you can see it wasn't designed to allow this. I've seen people modify the case to use screws to hold the lens on but be careful and test it with air pressure for leaks! I know how to do this but take it to a dive shop or someone with a pressure tank. This is a dangerous procedure if not done correctly. Sealing against leaks was the biggest problem with that design.
Hello Toaster, I have a perfectly working Ocean Edge Computec II I do have a problem I think the battery screw with the o-ring is stripped. I have been using lots of teflon tape and have use Black RTV to seal the cap and to make a cover over the screw cap. do you think the Body or the Cap is stripping? do you know where I can get a new o-ring cap? any help will be appreciaed.

Randy
utahihop@aol.com

Back
Top Bottom