Ocean Signal RescueME PLB1 CHEAP...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do Dan. I need the NOAA registration to get my rebate. Are there instructions with the PLB to register it with NOAA?

Just fill out this online form:US Beacon Registration. Start with clicking on the new user "Register" button. Or you can fill out the paper form that is included in the box and mail it to NOAA. The paper form version is like this: https://beaconregistration.noaa.gov/RGDB/resources/forms/plb.pdf
On online registration, which is what I did, don't worry about the checksum. Leave it blank. The rest is self explanatory.

Last edited:
Thank you!!

Don't dilly dally, the rebate is only good for 30 days after purchase...I cut it a bit close because the beacon was delayed in shipping, then waiting for the noaa registration letter.... Then brain fade on my side. Got it out with a few days to spare. It's hell getting old.

LOL, I got it yesterday and mailed the rebate today. Got the NOAA online and they sent me an email letter of activation. :)

Ok, here's a question for all who have this PLB. Where do I get a float for it? It did not come with one. IT does have this little pouch with some clear plastic and velcro on it.

Ok, here's a question for all who have this PLB. Where do I get a float for it? It did not come with one. IT does have this little pouch with some clear plastic and velcro on it.
That's it. From PLB1 - Ocean Signal
The rescueME PLB1 is provided with a flotation pouch to fit the PLB into to enable it to float. Please note that the PLB will not float in an operating position in the pouch. Please ensure the PLB is firmly attached to the pouch with the provided lanyard, using suitable self locking knots.
I see that Amazon is getting $283 for the same item, and they don't mention the rebate.

Thank you DD! I wonder if that "float" will actually be enough to keep it on the surface? Should I try to put a bit of soft styrofoam on/in it?

Thank you DD! I wonder if that "float" will actually be enough to keep it on the surface? Should I try to put a bit of soft styrofoam on/in it?
I wouldn't. I might drop it in a full bathtub after securing the pouch to see how deep it sinks before floating up, maybe. I never have tested my current PLB for flotation, but maybe I should. Ensure that pouch is secured well as you do have to remove the PLB for testing and for real use, and you'd had to see it come lose and sink when you really needed it. Got it registered? Rebate filed? Dive canister?

Check, check and check. All registered, rebate filed and it is in the canister awaiting my next dive. :) Thank you for your help. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom