Ocean Signal RescueME PLB1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I went ahead & bought it for $255 (from eBay) - $50 mailed-in rebate + $3 underwater pouch for iPhone4. We'll see if the pouch keeps the PLB1 dry at 100' deep later.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

I'm going to put it in my BCD waist pocket. The PLB1 is waterproof up to 15m (1.5 bar or 22.5 psig) & the iPhone bag is waterproof up to 20m (2 bar or 30 psig). Would it work?

I have this type of phone case for using the phone camera on surface only.

Seeing my other drybags that eventually tear after some use. Theses bags cant take abuse.

I vote NO on taking a chance on a major life preserving gear. U just might forget to check if there some small tear on the pouch from use and storage. I would look into a rugged rigid hard case.

Sorry to disagree, i enjoy seeing cool peeps like u on the board. Wouldnt want anything bad... Heck some day may be hitch a ride w ur crew to Indo!:wink:

Thanks for your input. If you find one small hard case that can fit this nifty PLB1 (3"x2"x1.5"), that is waterproof down to 120', please post it here.

image.jpeg

I found this old Sony MarinePack for CyberShot camera case, good down to 40m (131') that's a tiny bit larger than the PLB1 & a bit smaller than 500ml water bottle, as shown in the picture, above. I bought the camera case in eBay for $2 BIN + $8 shipping. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom