Oceanic Datamask leak issue! Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arhim22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good evening everyone!

My name is Andy and I am having an issue with a Datamask I recently bought. I bought the mask used for about $700 2 months ago with the transmitter. The seller told me that the mask was tested for function prior to it being shipped to me. Fast forward to today, I use it for the first time and the display screen starts to flicker about ~30ft in and the display goes out. Once I come out of the water, I realize that there is water in the display. I have contacted the seller to see if we can sort it out but in the meantime, I would like to know if there are any reliable places I can send the Datamask to be fixed since it is a discontinued item. Thank you all in advance!

I really hope the best of luck to you in finding someone to fix it. Those masks didn't have the best reputation for reliability.

Ouch! I've used my Datamask for about 230 dives and never had a problem. I've never heard about them being unreliable. I wonder if your gasket for the battery compartment was compromised? If you have water in there it's dead. And no, nobody services them anymore. Oceanic and Hollis were bought by Huish - and they don't care about the Datamask, which is no longer in production. I'm really sorry to hear about this happening. I think it's a great product.

Good evening everyone!

My name is Andy and I am having an issue with a Datamask I recently bought. I bought the mask used for about $700 2 months ago with the transmitter. The seller told me that the mask was tested for function prior to it being shipped to me. Fast forward to today, I use it for the first time and the display screen starts to flicker about ~30ft in and the display goes out. Once I come out of the water, I realize that there is water in the display. I have contacted the seller to see if we can sort it out but in the meantime, I would like to know if there are any reliable places I can send the Datamask to be fixed since it is a discontinued item. Thank you all in advance!
Hi I know it's an old thread, I repair damaged underwater equipment, from dive computers to underwater cameras, basically anything electrical. I recently repaired a data mask that was flooded, no one would touch it and says its for the bin. This mask was just left on his shelf for just over a year.
This computer was bad condition when took apart, I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner, and fluxed the board and re-flowed the solder, now working fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802-095900_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802-095900_Facebook.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20230802-100004_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802-100004_Facebook.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20230802-100009_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802-100009_Facebook.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20230802-095941_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802-095941_Facebook.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 45
Hi I know it's an old thread, I repair damaged underwater equipment, from dive computers to underwater cameras, basically anything electrical. I recently repaired a data mask that was flooded, no one would touch it and says its for the bin. This mask was just left on his shelf for just over a year.
This computer was bad condition when took apart, I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner, and fluxed the board and re-flowed the solder, now working fine.
Hi Karl
I am trying to find a replacement datamask lens or a 2nd hand unit, working or not, any ideas?

Neil

Hi Karl
I am trying to find a replacement datamask lens or a 2nd hand unit, working or not, any ideas?

Neil
Hi Neil

Sorry I don't know, I've had a look online and I can only see a frame for sale on ebay.
Regards
Karl Brown

Back
Top Bottom