Oceanic eos FDX10 free flow issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have just purchased a second hand EOS reg and FDX10 1st stage and had a full service. Have had a few dives since and have experienced free flow at the surface when adjusting the switch to pre-dive mode upon reaching or after reaching the surface. Even with the switch fully on pre-dive and knob adjusted to one full turn clockwise from the least breath resistance it goes into free flow. Need to turn the reg upside down to stop it. It's really unacceptable. Has anyone experienced similar issues and should I return it to get rechecked. Any responses would be appreciated.

Turn the regulator upside down as in...? If the purge cover/ diaphragm is in a downward position in or on top of the water, there is greater pressure being applied to the purge button regulator. It happens to most easy breathing regulators (or any regulators) I've seen. My MK25/ S600 will free flow in a heartbeat, if I place it purge cover down. The dive/ no dive switch only usually drops a flap or moves a cover over the air orifice, to help prevent free flow, by causing a little turbulence & back pressure. If enough pressure is coming through, it can override the "pre- dive" mechanism. It has been a long time since I have serviced a, FDX10/ Eos, so don't remember the exact mechanism. Free flows are pretty much an issue with any easy breathing/ high volume flow regulators. It is possible a slight adjustment may help, but it is likely the price paid for easy breathing & high volume. Generally the simplest thing is to place the regulator mouth piece down into the water.

Yes sorry when I said upside down I was referring to the month piece facing down in the water. It eventually stops the free flow. Bringing the reg in this week to be rechecked. Hopefully it can be adjusted to improve the sensitivity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom