Oceanic EOS reg isse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boggyman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone has a free flow issue with the EOS and FDX-10. Have not had an issue yet But after having the reg serviced it seems to act different, I need to pay closer attention to the tention on the downstream screw

Since the EOS has an adjustment knob, the FDX10 would have to be way out of adjustment for the EOS to freeflow. How many dives did you make on the reg before service? How long was it between services? Often a reg feels different after service because it was out of "range" when you took it in for service and they put it back in "range."

I had about 56 dives on the reg before I had it serviced. You are right about the adjustment knob it can be sensitive. I know the shop that did the service since I am a Divemaster there and the tech actually puts it on a mechanical breather for several hours to break it in and then goes thru the settings again on a flow bench.

Just an update on this issue, I took the reg in to my shop and the tech found that there are two small o-rings in the downstream assembly and one of them had become unseated and was allowing air to bleed past.

Hi, have just purchased a second hand EOS reg and FDX10 1st stage and had a full service. Have had a few dives since and have experienced free flow at the surface when adjusting the switch to pre-dive mode upon reaching or after reaching the surface. Even with the switch fully on pre-dive and knob adjusted to one full turn clockwise from the least breath resistance it goes in free flow. Need to turn the reg upside down to stop it. It's really unacceptable.is anyone experiencing similar issue and should I return it to get rechecked. Any responses would be appreciated.

Hey,
I have the same, serviced, all seems to be good but on the top of it when I pause my breath I feel that reg.still forces air to my mouth. My reg is scubapro g250v
regards
B4e

....Have had a few dives since and have experienced free flow at the surface when adjusting the switch to pre-dive mode upon reaching or after reaching the surface. Even with the switch fully on pre-dive and knob adjusted to one full turn clockwise from the least breath resistance it goes in free flow. Need to turn the reg upside down to stop it. .

what you described here, it is normal. Reg out of mount, purge cover facing down in water, if there is no water, all reg will "Free flow" that way. need to run the mouth piece facing down to stop.

what you described here, it is normal. Reg out of mount, purge cover facing down in water, if there is no water, all reg will "Free flow" that way. need to run the mouth piece facing down to stop.
So, when I take the reg under water say 2 feet under but with the mouth piece up, should it stop free flow? Mine won't,
B4e

As long is mouth piece facing up, but the reg isn't fill with water, the reg will free flow in water. This is because water pressure is pushing on the 2nd stage diaphram and activate the air delivery. If you have the entire 2nd stage submerge and fill with water, it should not free flow. If it still does, yeah you need to tune the 2nd stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom