Oceanic Geo 2.0 Computer - experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine died after about ten dives. Sent in for repair, seems mostly ok now but won't switch gas mixes during a dive.

Hi TC, was it flooded? Did you claim missing gas switch?

I used it at the weekend for freediving to a depth of 75feet. First I did the wrong mode ("NOR") because of too much palying with it, then I turned to FREE mode. It was working fine the whole day. Afterwards I loaded them to PC, I had to hold the clamp of the cable tight, else it wont work. The first two hours I did freediving the geo valued as one single normal dive - it looks funny 20 short descends, but the later documented dives in the FREE mode look really intresting, because for the first time I can see if there's a difference between the speed down to upward - and I have to say, that my Freedive looks homogenously - I never could watch this ;-)

Of course Freediving looks good, but NORmal dives I have just to check!

TC:
won't switch gas mixes during a dive.

I had that problem with mine when I first started. You have to press one of the buttons (top right or top left, can't remember at the moment) and hold it down for about 20s and then it comes up with a gas switch, which you have to accept by pressing the same button again. I had to rely on my buddy's computer for the first couple of dives while I worked that out.

It doesn't let you change the gas mix if the ppO2 of the new gas would exceed whatever your conservative limit is (i.e. 1.4 or 1.6 depending on your settings) which is a bit frustrating. So I often change to 50% at 21m and then change the computer at 18m when it's not going to have a coronary!

okeee - gas switches and NORmal diving I have to check - I've none done yet with geo 2.0.

One thing left: on FREEdive mode the dive log is save for 24 hours, afterwards the log is erased, whereas NORmal dives are always preserved. Is there any simple way to download the dives to an tablet PC via USB during a journey before deleting, where home PC is not available? Is there any app?

I have one and love it. I just did dive number 300 on it. Great computer

Thanks so far - has anybody an idea to transfer the divelog during a holiday trip to a "small" media - I mean, notebook is impractical because its too big, any other idea as netbook what I would guess is the smallest?

Hello,
one more question: after I used that geo 2.0 since weeks only for freediving, I took it today for a 'Normal Diving'. and I found out, that compared to 3 other Diving Computers it showed me at a 20m dive, up to 12 minutes Deco-Time MORE- is that ok?!?!!?

Thanks!

Mantadive:

Do you mean it allowed you more time before you would incur a deco. obligation? A topic that's been brought up at times on the forum is that some computers (e.g.: Oceanic) have more liberal (give you more time) algorithms than the conservative (give you less time) ones used by some (e.g.: Suunto). What people prefer varies. The 'freedom vs. safety' argument got strong enough some computers now offer you a choice between algorithms on the same model (so you can change a setting to switch between them).

Any idea what model & brand the other 3 dive computers were?

Richard.

Hi Richard,
thanks for your quick answer: the computers where 2x 'nemo wide', 'aladin sport' and the third computer manufactorer I dont know. Is it possible for me to change the algorithm in the geo 2.0?
(Besides that it works fine!).

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom