Oceanic OCI Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiaH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've just got my brand new OCi through the post and it won't turn on. Any ideas why..? Literally nothing happening. My partner got one too and his has switched straight on. Wondering if there's another way to get it switched out of deep sleep or if I'm going to have to send it back (Bit of a pain because I need it by next wednesday!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not possible for me to charge it, I'll have to take it somewhere to get it changed. That's what I was expecting it to be but wondered if it's a common problem.

The OCi uses a CR2450 3v Li battery that is user replaceable. Why would they ship it with a bad battery? Good luck, Oceanic product support has deteriorated significantly over the last several years. They seem largely unresponsive on the Oceanic manufacturers forum on SB. I'm extremely disappointed as a loyal customer since 2002.

Of course, you could switch the battery out yourself according to the manual. I own a VT3 and a Geo2, battery changes are a cinch.

It is a little annoying! Can any shop that sells Oceanic products change the battery under the warranty?

It is a little annoying! Can any shop that sells Oceanic products change the battery under the warranty?

Did you buy if from a shop with whom you have a relationship or did you buy it online? The latter has its drawbacks. Self replacement is not difficult though it may not solve your problem regarding activation. You could call Oceanic service

Bought it online. I'll have to give them a call. I doubt I'll have it working by Wednesday though. :(

Bought it online. I'll have to give them a call. I doubt I'll have it working by Wednesday though. :(

If all it needs is a battery... Of course, it would not give me great confidence if it was shipped with a dead battery. This could be the fault of the internet vendor, rather than Oceanic, to be fair

Last edited:
I have an OCi and love it, but the wrist band has become an issue. The pin that holds it together has come loose twice. I heard Oceanic was looking in to new bands anyone know?

I've gone to a local shop, they've spoke to Oceanic and they're swapping my computer with one of theirs and then sending it back. They noticed loads of scratches on it so I suspect they've fobbed me off with a return! Happy it's all sorted though. I agree it's probably the company rather than Oceanic.

Back
Top Bottom