Oceanic regulator ID help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Help with Oceanic regulator ID and approximate age please. I bought these on Craig’s List with some other items and want to sell them on eBay soon; however I’d like to state what model & approx age they are.

Omega II but does anyone know the date range this was produced?
Alpha ….same question.
2 first stages-I have no info.

Thank you,

couv

You may want to get it serviced and try it. My grandson has a side exhaust second stage that he really likes.

Not sure what, if any, difference there is between an Omega 1 and 2 (satin chrome 1st stage?), but the one you have, I'd say, is early to mid 90's.
The Alpha is younger, Oceanic didn't make that big 1st stage for long, probably early 00's.

You may want to get it serviced and try it. My grandson has a side exhaust second stage that he really likes.

Well, perhaps if I needed another regulator. A hobby I have is rebuilding and refurbishing old ScubaPro regulators, and I already have more than I need. These came with other gear I wanted. They breathe well and appear to be very clean-here is a picture of the inside of the unbalanced piston. I considered keeping it for a pony, but I recently acquired another MK2 for that purpose.

Any ideas on the model names for the first stages?

I don't believe the early Oceanic 1st stages had names......just known by what they were.
Balanced Piston
Balanced Diaphragm
Flowby Piston

Your piston one probably came from a time that they gave them names.....SP 4 maybe?

The Omega is a sweet breather but can be a bitch to adjust if the tech does not pay attention. It is a servo assisted design and can be very finicky. And that looks older than a SP4.

In fact it's not the SP4 that I show in my shop manual. The SP4 I show has a band that says SP4 around it.

The diaphragm is a pre 95 model. DX2 ? but it has not had the conversion done and at some point they switched from the smooth chrome to the current matte (for lack of a better term) finish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom