Oceanlog Windows 10 Update / OCi Sync Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TripleT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Howdy, I've got an OCi computer which after updating to Windows 10 won't download or update. It'll keep comms to download about 20-30% of the dives and yet fails out. This is with 2 different data cables using different USB ports and across restarts.

Is there an updated driver / OceanLog 3.0 which'll fix this on the way?

Last edited:
I can't even get my OceanLog 2.4.4 (for my OC1) to start on WIN 10. I get the msg: "Object variable or With block variable not set."

Added:
Downloaded and installed 2.5 (beta) to same directory. Same problem.

More Added:
I went through the WIN 8 procedures from the Oceanic website, deleted the entire OceanLog installation, and installed a new one. Same error.

Help.

Last edited:
Last week - WIN 10 upgrade.

Today 8/25 - OceanLog 2.4.4 opened successfully, but would not download dives.
Checked OceanLog update and found OceanLog 2.4.6 available.
Download 28 meg file and ran update.
Downloaded weekend dives; however, past dives are no longer on OceanLog.
I suspect that the history still exists somewhere and just needs to be merged, but really don't know.
Will work on this tomorrow, but my current advice is:
Make copy of current log before updating OceanLog.

Today 8/26 - OceanLog 2.4.6 opened successfully. However, this time, it opened the old log book (good news - I didn't lose my old data logs) but the weekend dives that I loaded yesterday now were not in there. I tried to download new dives and got a message that OceanLog would have to update something before it could download anything else. I clicked OK, it updated and then told me to restart my computer. After restarting, everything seemed to be normal. The log worked. The download worked. Seems OK now.

Overall, a bit of a pain, but a little fiddling and everything seems to be OK.

Good luck with your WIN 10 upgrade.

Last edited:
I have downloaded Oceanlog 2.x but when I open it I keep getting errors ...."object variable or with block variable" Can anybody help me with the fix?

I am using Windows 10. I see mention of Oceanlog 2.4.6 but where do you download this? Is there a download for Windows 10 drivers?

Thanks.

Click on this link Support » Software Go down about half the page and click on the blue square with rounded corners and a capital "OC" in the middle. Follow the instructions. I think, YMMV.

I installed the Software on 3 Windows 10 devices, with no issues last week. Also I was able to update to a new firmware 1F.03, which is not listed on the website. That, when I did the download of yesterdays dives, it tells me 2 new dive, but I can not find them. This is also my first time with the software and these were the first 2 dives. BTW I used the Windows 8 64bit drivers.

One possible solution try try (with any software that's not working right) is to set the compatibility to run as Windows 7 and see if that changes anything. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. i figure if it's already not working you have nothing to lose by trying it.

Back
Top Bottom